Gel Ball Blasters

Started by Austanker, June 26, 2017, 03:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austanker

Something new thought you guys might like these ones I painted up over the weekend

lenny100

very nice , just a shame to do that to a bb gun in the UK is now illegal  unless you are a member of a museum or a accredited club
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

scooter

That front pistol grip looks rather Nerf-ish
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Pretty cool there! Are they the kind of thing you get in the NERF-type range, or are they more akin to a 'proper' paintball-type unit?

Austanker

They shoot those non toxic water bead gel balls you probably have seen them used to grow plants in , not as powerful as a paintball gun or airsoft / BB , they are illegal in some states in Australia because they resemble real firearms but technically they are classed as toys in my state , they only shoot about 30m
We get add ons from Nerf and cheap sights etc from Ebay , they range from manual fired to full auto beasts like these , cool factor 100 % lol for big kids  :mellow:

zenrat

They look great.
If I remember i'll dig my painted & derestricted nerf out and take a pic.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Camo'd Nerf Centurion-

Camo'd Nerf Longstrike (at Philly Comic Con in 14)-

And yes, that's a $200 scope on it.  ;D
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

zenrat

Mine's a Longstrike.  That's a much better paintjob than I managed.
With the restrictor removed on mine I can lie on top of the compost heap and pick off the attacking nephews before they can get in range.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2017, 04:30:33 AM
Mine's a Longstrike.  That's a much better paintjob than I managed.

Thanks.  All done by rattlecan, mostly with Krylon's Ultra Flat series.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

I can lie on top of the compost heap

And Lady Zen lets you back into the house ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 27, 2017, 06:32:16 AM

I can lie on top of the compost heap

And Lady Zen lets you back into the house ?  :angel:

I know what you are getting at but we have a selection of compost heaps dotted around the rambling grounds of stately zen manor.  The one in question is where I dump the grass cuttings and it's overgrown with nasturtiums from next door.  The top is quite soft and pillowy without much actual composting going on.  At least in the summer anyway.

My paint job is a quick and dirty rattle can special.  I did at least bother to mask though.
Fred

Old Wombat

Always liked the look of Nerf guns. If I was ever to become a film maker, Nerf would be the source of 90% of my sci-fi weapons. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2017, 01:59:59 AM
  The one in question is where I dump the grass cuttings and it's overgrown with nasturtiums from next door.  The top is quite soft and pillowy without much actual composting going on.  At least in the summer anyway.

Well freshly mown grass smells quite nice, but soon goes off, at least over here in the U.K.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 28, 2017, 03:09:31 AM
Always liked the look of Nerf guns. If I was ever to become a film maker, Nerf would be the source of 90% of my sci-fi weapons. :thumbsup:

Apparently the Props guys from the Terra Nova series felt the same way... they're using mostly Nerfs.

And a friend who does small films swears by them.

They can look sooo cool, but it's (yet) another thing to easily get obsessed about, so I have to dial it back a bit... well, ok, a lot! ;D

zenrat

Some of the guys (and it's pretty much only blokes) who upgrade nerf guns get very obsessed going as far as replacing plastic breech parts with brass and aluminium.
Fred