Spitfire PR.25

Started by Devilfish, June 25, 2017, 11:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

In early 1944, the German high command managed to get a spy into England undetected. That spy reported about the build up of fake tanks around the East coast and the real, hidden, build up in the south.  The Luftwaffe had been building up it's jet squadrons for some time in great secrecy, and now was the time to unleash them.  A massed bombing raid by Me262 and Arado 234 aircraft, supplemented by more standard types, saw the invasion plans scuppered for at least a year.
In the mean time, more detailed photo reconnaissance of the European mainland was needed, to see what else Hitler had in store.  Spitfire PR.XIXs were the mainstay, as they were thought to have the speed and height advantage over anything the Germans had.
Unfortunately, several never returned, and it wasn't until a beaten and battered aircraft returned from it's mission that it was discovered that the Germans had modified a few Me262s and Me 163s to go higher, and therefore were able to catch the Spitfires.
To counter this, a new version was hastily put together, consisting of the fuselage of the upcoming F.22, mated to the PR.XIXs wings. With a pressurized cockpit and contra-rotating prop and the wings extended, it was hoped this would give enough of a height advantage to evade the Luftwaffe jets....

TomZ

Love it!

Great scheme, look beautiful.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

Never been keen on extended wings on Spits but the rest of it looks pretty good.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I like that ?

What blue have you used on the underside and sides ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Very nice indeed ! Love the colours as well. Nice one !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Devilfish

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 26, 2017, 06:27:49 AM
I like that ?

uppers are PRU blue, underside is Deep Sky (Tamiya XF-18 iirc)

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: Devilfish on June 26, 2017, 07:32:51 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 26, 2017, 06:27:49 AM
I like that ?

uppers are PRU blue, underside is Deep Sky (Tamiya XF-18 iirc)

Thank you. I thought it was, but wanted to check, especially regarding the Deep Sky
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

That looks the part! I imagine Mr. Spackman is too busy drooling to reply.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on June 27, 2017, 06:43:48 PM

That looks the part! I imagine Mr. Spackman is too bust drooling to reply.  ;D

Spitfire? Check........

Long wings? Check........

PR aircraft? Check.........

PRU Blue? Check...........

What's not to like?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit