Godzilla buster AH-64 1/32

Started by wacek85, June 21, 2017, 05:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

Hello!

Many years ago I've started an AH-64 Super Apache from 1998 Godzilla movie. Unfortunately much loved rivet counters (there are lots of tchem in Poland) persuaded me to make my Apache as a regular chopper. Man, I was young and prone to such influences...also I really wanted people to enjoy my models. But this was few years ago. Now I don't care. I make models for myself, not for unnecesary opinions. And now it's time for Godzilla Apache :) Few photos of movie prop. This is 1/8 (as far as I remember) mock-up made by Larry Jolly:

I will use 1/32 Revell Apache, Master AM cannons and a lot of putty and styrene. Wish me luck :)

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

comrade harps

That muzzle beside the cockpit's gunna make some flash  :mellow: :o :wacko:
Whatever.

Dizzyfugu

...and probably blast the optics turret away. Ah, those movie helis...  :rolleyes:

comrade harps

... leaving both pilot and gunner blind...  :mellow:
Whatever.

Zombolt

Nice work, despite the fact that helicopters in action movies have their fate sealed

nighthunter

Quote from: Zombolt on June 21, 2017, 01:20:22 PM
Nice work, despite the fact that helicopters in action movies have their fate sealed
Someone hasn't seen Firebirds, then. Lol!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

silverwindblade

Quote from: Zombolt on June 21, 2017, 01:20:22 PM

I once read somewhere that as soon as a helicopter shows up in an action movie, you can begin a count down until it crashes or is inevitably (and usually ridiculously) destroyed.
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: silverwindblade on June 27, 2017, 10:40:12 AM

I once read somewhere that as soon as a helicopter shows up in an action movie, you can begin a count down until it crashes or is inevitably (and usually ridiculously) destroyed.

......and bursts into flames of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit