Modellbrno 2017

Started by upnorth, June 17, 2017, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnorth

Hello all,

Today, I attended the biannual Modellbrno show here in Brno. It wasa a pretty decent show and I got a few new items for the stash including one of many Eduard 1/144 Spitfire kits being handed out as free gifts with the purchase of a ticket to the show.

Most of my pictures didn't turn out so well, but here's a small sampling.

Let's start at the "What if" SIG table, where I spent a bit of time chatting with our own "Panther G":

Right next to the "What if" table was a SIG table for Matchbox and Frog kits:

A few shots from Slovak club tables:

And a couple of views of some models in from France:

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Hobbes

Thanks for putting up the pictures, there were some excellent models on the What-if SIG tables  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

Thank you for the picks,  some lovely stuff there  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Some amazing stuff there, both stock and Whiffs.  :thumbsup:

LOVED the RAAF B-52.  :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

As said elsewhere: Some great builds there! Loved PantherG's AussieHog & novis2's RAAF B-52! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

The Budvar Messerschmitt is my fave.
Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 18, 2017, 03:37:22 AM

Mine to. Stunning model  :bow:

Good to see the Czech's and Slovak's aren't letting their standards drop  :thumbsup:

Many thanks for posting
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

upnorth

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 18, 2017, 07:22:23 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 18, 2017, 03:37:22 AM

Mine to. Stunning model  :bow:

Good to see the Czech's and Slovak's aren't letting their standards drop  :thumbsup:

Many thanks for posting

The Czech and Slovak standards of model building are as high as ever.

I was talking to a couple of sellers from the UK and they both mentioned how much they loved coming to the central and eastern European shows because of the standard of building compared to what they saw at a lot of UK shows.

They hastened to say that it didn't mean the UK standard was low, but that there just seemed an extra effort was put forth by modelers in these regions and the level of finish was that bit more apparent.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

PR19_Kit

Quote from: upnorth on June 18, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

The Czech and Slovak standards of model building are as high as ever.

I was talking to a couple of sellers from the UK and they both mentioned how much they loved coming to the central and eastern European shows because of the standard of building compared to what they saw at a lot of UK shows.

They hastened to say that it didn't mean the UK standard was low, but that there just seemed an extra effort was put forth by modelers in these regions and the level of finish was that bit more apparent.

Isn't it the case that there are LOTS of shows in the UK, and build standards range from exemplary (on the WhatIf SIG stands of course  ;D) to pretty mediocre (most of the others...)? If they travel a long distance to Eastern Europe they'll only be aiming to see a really large and, almost by definition, a high standard show.

You'd get the same impression of you only ever came to the UK to see the Telford Show.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: upnorth on June 18, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

Going by the couple of E Days I've been to I'd agree with that.

Talking to a Czech modeler at one such show he told me he thought it was a legacy from the Communist era. Back in those days any grouping of 3 or more people was considered suspicious and was likely to attract the attention of a "comrade". Once they discovered it was just a bunch of "weird" old modelers they left them alone and thus it was one of the few things you could do undisturbed so to speak.

Now he may well have been winding me up as I have since discovered most Central/Eastern Europeans have a wicked sense of humour  ;D but it sounded plausible at the time. ;)

I also remember the delight of the Czech Wif boys when we introduced ourselves as the UK version of the species. They'd thought they were alone  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.