Last of the V12 interceptors

Started by TimJ, May 28, 2017, 10:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimJ

I was given an Airfix 1/32 Aston Martin DBR9 with a badly painted body and missing the lower front body panel. After trying unsuccessfully to strip the paint I decided to take the post apocalyptic route. The front splitter and rear venturi were cut off following by modifying the 'suspension' to raise the ride height. Areplacement front panel was made from a piece of styrene sheet backed by some aluminium mesh from Halfords.

The interior was fitted with a couple of seats from an Airfix VW Beetle, a bedroll behind the seats and a couple of door pockets from Monty's Humber. The seats are slightly different colours because a matching pair are hard to find in a post apocalyptic wasteland.   :lol:

The original paint was sanded down and grey and red primer sprayed on followed by metallic green. A supercharger intake was made from scrap plastic and a couple of 1/72 rocket pod bodies. A couple of underwing cannon from a 1/72 Bf109 were fitted to the roof and an oil drum placed in the rear window as a long range fuel tank.  Finally it was given a coat of matt varnish (apart from the part of the screen cleared by the wiper) and a bit of weathering.

Steel Penguin

nice looking  :thumbsup: The window especially so, a clever bit of thinking. and im glad I read the description twice, as 1st time I got  last of the V12 Velociraptors , and half expected cybernetic dinosaurs ( doh!)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Excellent.  Kick her in the guts Barry.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Very cool ! Such a powerful looking car, and even more so now ! Great job love the look and the details.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Going post-apokalyptic with style, I'd say.

Rick Lowe

Very nicely done! :thumbsup:
"Rockatansky. Maxwell Rockatansky." ;D ;D