New Everett, WA resident Dragon Rapide G-AHXW ...

Started by jcf, April 05, 2017, 04:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

(HFF photo)

She arrived last Friday after a slow trip up the West Coast from California, they lost quite a bit of time stuck
in Oregon waiting for replacement Lucas magnetos to arrive from the UK.  :wacko:

Her new home is as part of the Historic Flight Foundation collection at Paine Field.
I'll be heading down to the hangar to check her out soon, and expect to see her
over the house some time later this spring and into summer.

kitnut617

Noice!

I'll have to come down again some time and have a gander at it too
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Beautiful.  That's a really tasteful and appropriate colour scheme for a graceful aircraft.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Magic.  :thumbsup:

A DH89 was the first aircraft I ever flew in, an RAF Dominie actually, but the same shape. Fond memories.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2017, 02:48:56 AM
Beautiful.  That's a really tasteful and appropriate colour scheme for a graceful aircraft.

It is indeed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Lovely!

I've not yet had the privilege of flying in an '89, although a friend is bringing one to next weekend's airshow. I doubt the owners would let him take aboard a free passenger!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

jcf

Quote from: KiwiZac on April 06, 2017, 04:04:16 PM
Lovely!

I've not yet had the privilege of flying in an '89, although a friend is bringing one to next weekend's airshow. I doubt the owners would let him take aboard a free passenger!

HFF are planning on selling rides, it's tempting, as is their Staggerwing.

Nick

Cream and Green looks just right on that bird. I had a flight in a Rapide about 10 years ago and it was wonderful. If you get the opportunity, take it.