Vimy Flight on its way to France

Started by Leading Observer, March 16, 2017, 03:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Nick

So that's the new breed of Parasite fighters for the RCAF!  :thumbsup:

To explain this - Vimy Flight is a group of volunteers who plan to fly replica WW1 biplanes over the Canadian War Memorial at Vimy Ridge on 9 April 2017. This marks the 100th anniversary of the battle that is a major part of Canada's national identity. The planes are four Nieuport 11, two Sopwith Pup and a SE5. I'd love to be there, went to Vimy Ridge 3 years ago and it was very moving.

http://www.comoxvalleyecho.com/news/416368004.html

Captain Canada

That is so cool. Good on all involved ! Would love to be there. My father-in-law wants to visit the battlefields in France, we're planning on next year.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Makes you appreciate how small those aircraft are.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 16, 2017, 06:25:23 PM
That is so cool. Good on all involved ! Would love to be there. My father-in-law wants to visit the battlefields in France, we're planning on next year.

Make sure you get to Newfoundland Memorial Park http://www.ww1battlefields.co.uk/somme/newfoundland.html Capt. Definitely the most moving of the memorials in my view and made even better in that all the guides are young Newfoundlander's.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.