Mitsubishi N4M Shokikaza

Started by Leading Observer, March 12, 2017, 08:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Finally finished this very long term build - originally referenced here http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,38330.0.html

Courtesy of The Big Omnipedia:

Mitsubishi N4M Shokikaze, CADS Code Name Eliza

During the late 1940s, Mitsubishi started to develop a new technology for seaplanes, the hydro-ski. They designed a new, delta-wing fighter around this concept, powered by two Ne-15 jet engines. Development was long and hard, the original twin-ski configuration proved to cause excessive vibration on take-off and landings although the aircraft proved to be a delight to fly once airborne. A new layout that used a single ski eventually solved the problems. However, by that time, the aircraft was considered underpowered and its engines were replaced by afterburning Ne-60s. This led to a further round of problems but, finally, the aircraft entered service in 1957. It achieved a maximum speed of 825 miles per hour and had a service ceiling of 54,800 feet, making it solidly comparable with land- and carrier-based fighters of the era. It was armed with two 30mm cannons and two Tanto missiles carried over the wings. It remained in service. The model is of one of the pre-production aircraft

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

That may have been  a slooooow build, but it sure looks the part. Nice one.  :thumbsup:

AND it's from a Mach 2 kit too!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

sandiego89

Sweet!  Love the SeaDart. 

F-22 canopy?   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Leading Observer

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 12, 2017, 12:49:28 PM
Sweet!  Love the SeaDart. 

F-22 canopy?

Thanks - canopy is from an F-19 ;D
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 12, 2017, 10:37:39 AM

AND it's from a Mach 2 kit too!  :o

My thoughts exactly. Well done  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

That looks awesome ! Love the idea, and that shape  :wub: You sure changed direction with the camo eh !

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Great seaplane mix! Belated congratulations! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]