LF: 1/72 P-61 Black Widow kit

Started by rickshaw, February 22, 2017, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

As the tin lid says, I am looking for a 1/72 P-61 Black Widow kit.   I am willing to pay for the kit and how much it takes to get it downunder.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

I'm pretty sure I've got one of the old FROG P-61s up in the loft Brian, but it's in a plastic bag and I'm not sure if it has decals or even instructions as yet.

[Later] I checked and I've found it OK, and it has instructions (VERY basic ones...) but no decals.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

What is the Frog kit like?   I've never seen their P-61 model.    I was thinking more about an Airfix kit but the Frog one would more than likely work OK.

PR19_Kit

Pretty basic Brian, as all FROG kits, but with LOTS of parts. It was moulded in the period when the parts count determined how 'advanced' the kits were.

I'll get it out of the bag and take a pic of it for you.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Here it is Brian.

Actually I'm quite impressed, it has very minimal rivets, unlike some kits of the period, and all the parts are there as far as I can see. However the FROG kit doesn't have the four gun mid-upper remote turret at all, and there's only one single seat for the pilot, no other seats at all. It's the usual FROG minimalist interior, despite that vast area of glass-work on it.

Oh yes, the instructions are in Russian, what little there is of them, it's mostly pics.

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

That looks like it might work, Kit.  OK, how much do you want for it?  I'm really only interested in the wings, the booms and the tail, so the lack of detail isn't really a problem.

I am surprised at the dearth of this kit in Airfix or even Dragon versions.   Ebay downunder has one Dragon kit and that's it.   :banghead:

zenrat

I had a quick look and found plenty of 1/48 kits but none in the one true scale.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

If only Hobby Boss would get off their butt and release their 1/72 Black Widow(s) already.  :banghead: It's been announced for at leat two years now.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?