Nakajima Ki-35

Started by Librarian, February 08, 2017, 07:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

The successor to the AB1Y, the prototype AB2Y was found to be too big and too fast on landing, had a tendency to stall, and with an unreliable engine. The Navy dropped the project but the Air Force eagerly took it on, handing the reins to Nakajima to produce an effective fighter-bomber. A few tweaks here and there, and a more reliable Nakajima engine, resulted in the Ki-35. Seen here in service over China in early 1939, the lower spats have been removed due to problems with snow/slush/mud/noodle clogging:

TallEng

That came out well :thumbsup: good call with the spatless spats too :thumbsup:
Just as an idle thought, it would also have looked good with the yellow wings of the
Pre WWII USN as the aircraft that the Corsair evolved from.
The Chance-Vought Buccaneer? Suggests itself as a name :rolleyes:
Might be tempted myself if I've got a Corsair to back date.
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

What a wonderful idea, and with the open cockpit you can believe it even more.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Oh, yes! I love it.

Wonderful idea giving it an open cockpit.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

Nice idea! Maybe inspired by these...?

Vought Model V-166E Corsair
by François, on Flickr

TheChronicOne

Noodles...    ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fantastic, man!  That's a really nice looking camo scheme on there... beautiful work.  It all makes sense with the fixed gear and open 'pit.   :cheers: :drink: :party: :laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Udon good! ;D

Very well done, Librarian! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Hotte

Librarian

Quote from: TallEng on February 08, 2017, 08:01:31 AM
That came out well :thumbsup: good call with the spatless spats too :thumbsup:
Just as an idle thought, it would also have looked good with the yellow wings of the
Pre WWII USN as the aircraft that the Corsair evolved from.
The Chance-Vought Buccaneer? Suggests itself as a name :rolleyes:
Might be tempted myself if I've got a Corsair to back date.
Regards
Keith

I came so close to painting her in USN yellow wings scheme. Spent a whole day considering it but the casting vote was I've no available decals, and did not want to spend more cash and time buying and waiting ;D. Next time I'll use the Tamiya kit which is much simpler and then try Dizzy's profiles with the cockpit pushed forward and larger spats (JU87A type would be fun).

Tough but fun...thank you all for the kind comments.

zenrat

Gargious.

But I would have liked to see it with the lower spats in place with the noodles hanging out.  :mellow:

Is the design on the tail your own work?  It looks great.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

That looks awesome ! Looks so familiar from one angle, and then totally strange from another ! Love the profiles as well.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?