F-23A 1/48 Hobbyboss

Started by wacek85, January 07, 2017, 03:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

Just finished!
Model from Hobbyboss OOB, painted with Tamiya and Gunze in F-22 camo. Finished with Tamiya paneliner. Hope you'll like it :)

zenrat

Good work.
These always look to me like they've been sat on and then had the wings trimmed by a giant child with a pair of scissors.

<edit - wings dammit, wings.  Frakkin autocorrect>

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I always hate seeing models of F-23s, especially good models of F-23s.

They just go to prove the USAF chose the wrong aeroplane.  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

seadude

Really nice model. I like the look of the landing gear/bays.  :thumbsup:  I've got the same kit at home, but it'll be a long time before I get around to building it. Only thing that bothers me about the kit is that there is no open weapons bay.  :banghead:
I've heard that Zactomodels is/was planning to come out with a big 1/32 scale YF-23 sometime in the future. Has anybody heard of this and know any more information?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

TheChronicOne

Glorious build, so clean!!  Cockpit and gear bays are choice.

What scale is she??  I picked up an F-22 recently and I'd like to build one of these so they can sit together. 
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 07, 2017, 01:14:01 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 07, 2017, 01:06:37 PM

What scale is she??

The clue's in the title............  ;D
Good God.  I'd lose my behind if it weren't attached.  I sat there and read the title and forgot all about it by time I got to the end of my post.  :rolleyes: :angel: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

KiwiZac

Lovely work and very believable! Such a neat machine.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 07, 2017, 01:32:36 PM

What scale is she??

Good God.  I'd lose my behind if it weren't attached.  I sat there and read the title and forgot all about it by time I got to the end of my post.  :rolleyes: :angel: ;D

I believe the phrase, read here (can't remember who used it - possibly Scooter?), you should use is "i'd lose my testicles if I didn't have a bag to keep them in".
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on January 08, 2017, 01:30:53 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 07, 2017, 01:32:36 PM

What scale is she??

I believe the phrase, read here (can't remember who used it - possibly Scooter?), you should use is "i'd lose my testicles if I didn't have a bag to keep them in".
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

LMAO    ;D ;D   That's a new one on me, man!   ;D ;D   Oh, I'm definitely going to be using that one..  ;)
-Sprues McDuck-

Glenn Gilbertson

Captain Canada

Very nice. Such a neat looking bird. Love the details, especially the landing gear and wheels, those look real ! Great job.

:thumbsup: :wub: :bow: :drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

:wub: Beauty... Very nice work! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Supertom

Looks great! Hopefully you had a better time putting the Hobbyboss article than the 1/72 Italeri.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"