2017 approaches, so a few pointers on GB's

Started by NARSES2, December 03, 2016, 06:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right as we get closer to 2017 I thought I jot down a couple of points about GB's. Note all dates are approximate.

The current Old Kit GB officially finishes at the end of this month. So assuming the Moderators grant the normal 2 week extension it will finish mid January.

So the final GB of the season will be the Soviet GB which will be kicking off on or around 1st February and running through to the end of April. I will be contacting the two volunteer Moderators about this shortly.

The first GB of the 2017/18 season will as tradition demands be the one week build and this will be held probably at the end of May.

As for the rest of the season. The Poll for the three choices will be held sometime during March/April so please do not start submitting ideas for possible GB's now. I have all those which failed to get through last year and they will automatically go into this years poll. I will post a thread up when I want ideas for the coming season's poll, so as said please don't start now as they will almost certainly get forgotten by the time the poll goes up.

So that's the way I see things panning out.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

QuoteSo the final GB of the season will be the Soviet GB which will be kicking off on or around 1st February and running through to the end of April.

I might take part in that, but I'll wait until more information is available before I make a decision.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

NARSES2

We'll get the rules sorted in the next few weeks Seadude.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I can't wait to knock out some stuff with red stars on.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

Everyone should  swap decals before the new modelling season kicks off. That way we could have pre season transfers . Adjusts halo...

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on December 05, 2016, 02:24:39 PM
I can't wait to knock out some stuff with red stars on.

Me too. Already have identified three potential build candidates on my idea list...  :wacko:

zenrat

Quote from: tigercat on December 06, 2016, 12:11:06 AM
Everyone should  swap decals before the new modelling season kicks off. That way we could have pre season transfers . Adjusts halo...

Oh bravo.  I wish I had said that.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Ignoring the comments above  ;D

Re the Soviet GB. I PM'd the guys who volunteered back in the day to see it they are still o.k. for Moderating. After that I'll get the rules drafted and then we can get them up. Plenty of time but given the nature of the season I want to try and get it idling along at least

NARSES2

Just to keep things trundling gently along. The rules are drafted and the guys are happy with them so I will put them up here for general perusal and discussion/amendment over the weekend

NARSES2

Right a little latter then planned, apologies for that, but the suggested rules for the Soviet GB can be found here http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43114.0.html