Aichi D5A Katsuodori

Started by Librarian, December 03, 2016, 05:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Revamp of a previous model. Initially planned as a dive bomber replacement for the D3A, this model morphed through the influence of rare herbs and prescribed chemicals (apologies to Robinson) into a torpedo plane in Thai markings. Slightly damaged in an accident, during which the torpedoes shot off under the fridge-freezer to hit Schrodinger's battleship, I decided to return to previous plans and place a warload of bombs on her. I also mixed up a new batch of ID Yellow to match the lightning fuselage marking and firmly placed her back in the IJNAF. Much happier now, although I apologise for once again using Soviet bombs...no Japanese ones to hand ;D :

NARSES2

I liked the original and she's equally as nice in this configuration  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Very cool. I like it much - esp. the rear-facing gunner and the modified fin.  :thumbsup:

royabulgaf

Well= Was Schrodiger's battleship sunk or not? :lol:
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

TheChronicOne

How'd I miss this?!  :banghead: Oh well, better late than never!  ;D

Looks like a million bucks, man. Mad skills.  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: royabulgaf on December 06, 2016, 05:48:40 PM
Well= Was Schrodiger's battleship sunk or not? :lol:

Without looking the answer would be yes...

...and no.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Bit of a mystery...I think the cat has eaten the torpedoes. He was sniffing around the fridge so I pulled the thing forward. A mouse shot out, pursued, caught and munched by said feline. The torpedoes...not a sign. Disappeared...or did they morph into the mouse????

KiwiZac

Mouse torpedo?!

This is brilliant! Bravo! Great execution - I didn't know what I was looking at to start with.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Snowtrooper

Certainly inspired and would almost pass as a real-world late-war Japanese bomber ;)

Librarian

Thanks for the kind comments.

Mouse situation has really blown my circuits; really annoyed as those torps are hard and expensive to source :banghead:...reminded me of this tho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbBdixsqC3U

comrade harps

Kind of like a Japanese Skyraider or Mauler,  only  2 seater.  :thumbsup:
Whatever.