Bf 109G - Scourge of the Sky Pirates - Finished Pics Page 2

Started by zenrat, November 16, 2016, 11:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Despite having fallen behind on the two i've already started, here's another one for the GB.
Hasegawa "Messerschmitt Me 109G The German Airforce Fighter Plane".  Moulds date from 1977.

This'll be a fairly simple whiff - just a bit of trimming and a paint job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

So from before Hasegawa moved to grey plastic ? Can't say I honestly recognise that boxing but I was out of modeling in 77.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I think I've still got that exact same boxing, or maybe it went to Bungle, I'm not really into 109s.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Sounds interesting!! Scourge of the Sky Pirates...  hmmmmmmm.......
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

I've built four Sky Pirate aircraft.  This is the other side - the Southern Air Patrol.

Progress pic.

It may look like a completely box stock Bf 109G but carefull study will reveal its a whiff due to dihedral in the horizontal tail.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

This is now resplendent in NMF with silver doped control surfaces.
Fred

TheChronicOne

Ahhh yeah!! Paint going down must mean you're getting close to being finished up. Can't wait to see the Glamour Shotz (tm).   :lol:

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to find more information about Sky Pirates.

I'd like to watch it. I wonder if they have it on Youtube in full length. 
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Thanks, bud!!  They're proud of that DVD.  Is it somewhat rare?

Now that I'm aware of Sky Pirates and how cool it looks, I'll keep my eyes peeled locally.  I tried my hand on youtube at "Sky Pirates Full Movie" and the thing I found was garbage and I let them know it. So much for that. They're heading towards charging for full length stuff anyway so a lot of the full length movies and shows that could be found are disappearing rapidly.

Might be able to find one eventually on Ebay, as well, but I've elected to stay away from there, period, as I don't want to be tempted to delve into kits and modeling stuff.   ;D ;D  (heading into winter and I do landscaping/lawn mowing so money is TIIIIIGHT right now and will be for awhile.. )   :o :rolleyes: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

The Anime series Last Exile - Fam the Silver Wing has Sky Pirates and is worth a watch.
Here's a poor quality copy of episode 1 on YouBoob.

However, for Sky Pirates in the world of the People's Democratic Republic of Victoria see the following threads.
Hellhound on my Tail
Baby
Hesperus
Wessex

This Bf 109 (which now has decals BTW) is part of the Southern Air Patrol.  A combined operation between the PDRV, Tasmania and South Australia with the aim of stopping piracy on the Nullarbor Coast.  The PDRVs contribution to the SAP was contracted out to zenrat industries and consisted of armed civilian registered aircraft flown by mercenary pilots.

Fred

TheChronicOne

Having a look now. I like YOUR sky pirates!! These are so neat! Them home made decals are choice and the paint schemes are great.

Now I'm on the right track. I wasn't thinking alternate history, I was thinking pictures shows. I remember reading through your write up on the Oz alternate shake up/break up and thought it was pretty cool. I ought to read through there again because my brain is swiss cheese (long story).   

Anyway... that triplane.. wooo...   :o ;D  And the balls tripping helo driver.. ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

Fred

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise