Not at Telford. Loss of modelling interest.

Started by van883, November 13, 2016, 04:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

..for the first time since I resumed modelling 13 years ago. I guess this reflects my declining enthusiasm this year . I don't think i have been to a show all year.
I much prefer working on my classic cars nowadays-they are big kits really!
However I have today picked up a part-finished Supermarine Scimitar and will try to complete it. I hope the mojo will come back

Van

scooter

I know exactly how you feel.  I've got a ton of partially started kits, some for group builds, others not.  But when I sit down at my bench, I just have no desire to really work on them
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

KiwiZac

I had a year or so of no interest. Sold off a bunch of kits...ended up rebuying those I could  :thumbsup:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Don't push it, don't sell anything hard to replace and give it time.
You'll be back.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Supertom

May I suggest some aids?

Erm, wait, wrong situation....

Everybody takes a step back. I'm just slowly getting back myself after being burned out for 12 straight years. We'll be here when you're ready to come back.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

scooter

Quote from: Supertom on November 14, 2016, 10:20:08 AM
May I suggest some aids?

Everybody takes a step back. I'm just slowly getting back myself after being burned out for 12 straight years. We'll be here when you're ready to come back.

:blink:

I've been trying to get back into writing, as well, and screwing around with Daz3D (new stuff can be seen here and here)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

loupgarou

Quote from: scooter on November 14, 2016, 06:21:19 PM
Quote from: Supertom on November 14, 2016, 10:20:08 AM
May I suggest some aids?

:blink:

I've been trying to get back into writing, as well, and screwing around with Daz3D (new stuff can be seen here and here)

At first I thought Daz3D was the name of a new pill for ......, as the Pfizer shown above, but I was disappointed.... :banghead:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 14, 2016, 02:24:01 AM
Don't push it, don't sell anything hard to replace and give it time.
You'll be back.

Absolutely  :thumbsup:

Try and pop into a local show for an hour or so Van and you might find that starts you off again ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

A great suggestion. Attending some airshows is what did it for me - wanting to build a few things I saw led to remembering the various sites I'd belonged to before, such as this hive of ...you know  ;)
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates