A twin-boom giant of the 1920s: the DB-70

Started by Default Setting, October 24, 2016, 06:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Default Setting

The Dyle et Bacalan DB-70 can be considered the French analog to the Junkers G.38: like its German counterpart, it was a large passenger airliner built of duralumin that also had potential as a heavy bomber. Another similiarity is that both had the passengers sit in the thick wing midsection rather than the fuselage. What's more, both aircraft first flew a mere few days apart in November 1929. But whereas the G.38 enjoyed a respectable career and was even built under license by Japan, the DB-70 remained a one-off airplane, and its bomber variants were equally unsuccessful.

What if it had entered production?
The one duty we owe to history is to rewrite it.
-- Oscar Wilde

Tophe

I have the Trait d'Union magazine, special issue devoted to Dyle & Bacalan, do you want something from it? (someday, maybe next week-end I may find it again)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Default Setting

Quote from: Tophe on October 24, 2016, 07:51:22 AM
I have the Trait d'Union magazine, special issue devoted to Dyle & Bacalan, do you want something from it? (someday, maybe next week-end I may find it again)
I'd appreciate that, thanks! :)
The one duty we owe to history is to rewrite it.
-- Oscar Wilde

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

Ah the golden days of aerial innovation between the world wars.  :thumbsup:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Tophe

Quote from: Default Setting on October 24, 2016, 07:58:16 AM
Quote from: Tophe on October 24, 2016, 07:51:22 AM
I'd appreciate that, thanks! :)
I will not scan and post dozens of pages, what would you like to see/read? (from this booklet, I can translate from French but what?)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]