He-B&V 169 Fledermaus (bat)

Started by RAFF-35, October 08, 2016, 06:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAFF-35

Nearing the end of the war, the Luftwaffe was looking to produce high technology on mass and using basic resources. To increase the chances of projects being designed and produced successfully, the RLM twined aircraft firms together. In this case, Heinkel and Blohm&Voss were linked up to share production lines and design resources in order to create a superior people's fighter, a tailless design to increase performance and increase build simplicity. Following Heinkels already proven track record of producing the basic, yet effective He.162, it's fuselage design was almost 100% reused in the design of the Fledermaus to save vital construction time. By the wars end, nearly 90 169's had been constructed and were proving to be a menace to the allied offensive.

The kit is a fusion between a hobby boss He.162 and a charitable donation of MiG-15 wings and tail units  ;D

Progress so far; kit has been assembled, just need some much loved PSR action, paint, then transfers  :lol:

Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

What Chris said, it really does.  :thumbsup:

It could only have been Heinkel and B&V to produce something that  shape.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

AXU

63cpe

Ahhh, now I see. Wicked job! keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

comrade harps

Looking forward to seeing this one finished and photographed.
Whatever.

Old Wombat

It looks like a late-war German wonder weapon. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

RAFF-35

Slight progress, I'm home this weekend so I can get cracking, I've applied the first layers of paint this morning...

Dizzyfugu

Nice!  :thumbsup:

Even though I'd suggest a different RLM number - the 164 was actually allocated, to a Messerschmitt project of a two-engine transport aircraft in 1941.

RAFF-35

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 15, 2016, 02:44:44 AM
Nice!  :thumbsup:

Even though I'd suggest a different RLM number - the 164 was actually allocated, to a Messerschmitt project of a two-engine transport aircraft in 1941.

Duly noted and changed, thanks for the info, Dizzy  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

It's whifworld, after all. It's not easy to find slots in the historic sequence (esp. when you match it with the RW timeline, "168" was actually allocated to a Fieseler project, but abandoned), maybe this here is of (general) interest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RLM_aircraft_designations

Very helpful.

RAFF-35

5 hours later.....

Still a lot of tidying up to do, then finally weathering and decal applying  :lol:

PR19_Kit

That list says '169's going free................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu