(UPDATED Oct 4: Parts found )U2 Parts no longer needed, thank you!

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 06:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

EDIT: No longer looking for any missiles or pylons... I'm going to go ahead and scratch build some new, never before seen armament and pylon system.....

Hi everyone. It's your resident absent minded modeler here once again lookin' for some parts.

I have this old 1962 U-2A model that I want to turn into a crazy whif for the old kit GB. I've landed myself in financial troubles thanks to a costly vehicle repair so I can't buy things for models until after I get it taken care of.

I don't have much for trades because my stash is small but I do have a vehicle. I'm not much into vehicles so I would like to offer it up and perhaps some good ol' USPS stamps or something?

"Glass": I need at least the front wind screen for the U-2. I have the canopy itself, but not the windscreen. I need it in 1/48.

If I could get my hands on one of THESE, that would be ideal as I plan to build some other stuff that these will work on:

Also, I know squadron makes a good set for the U-2, as well:

And, of course, ANY 1/48 windscreen from a U-2 I imagine could be made to work. Or, hell, ANY windscreen so long as it will fit nicely on a U-2. 

Now, as for the missiles and pylons.  I'd like to have either 6, 8, 10, or 12 AIM 54s and either 4 or 8 AIM 9s.  (with pylons but if no pylons I guess I could "make" some but they'd look like ... well... junk, because I'm not that good at scratch build...  )

I can spring for a bit of shipping; not like I can trade stuff with UPS or the postal service, hahaha.  Otherwise, I need to trade stuff.

Here's the vehicle I could offer. The box is smoked but the styrene is 100% there and sealed in plastic. No decals. No instructions. BUT, the subject matter is cool!  2 and 1/2 ton truck. Sweet, right? 

It's 1/35 scale. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to pawn off my "junk" but I don't have much else I think anyone would like. 

I know I'm asking a lot here. But, if someone has an ol' lady hollering at you to clean up your modeling area or you just have "too much" or if a GMC 21/2 truck (and stamps if you want some) appeals to you I would appreciate it. All this is specifically so I can make the aircraft for THIS website so, in a way, we're kind of "sharing it."  (I know, I'm reaching here.  lol  )

I plan on making this U-2 in SEA camo as a high altitude Air to Air platform. If this idea appeals maybe it would be worth seeing it done? Eh? ::nudge nudge::: how cool would this be to look at???   ;)   

Lastly, if someone could throw in some decals that would be appropriate for such a thing. Vietnam era U.S. Marking of some sort. I THINK I have some that will work but the lettering is all black and I'm not sure how well it would look on the camo. Then again, it might be perfect? Probably not because they are 1/72 scale...    I do know I need US roundels. I know for a fact I don't have any of those so 4 of them of the appropriate size would be nice.

In summary:
6-12 (in multiples of 2) AIM 54 Missiles, 1/48
4-8 (in multiples of 2) AIM 9 Missiles, 1/48
Appropriate pylons for above

1 windscreen or full canopy set for U-2A Spy Plane, 1/48
4 U.S. roundels transfers, 1/48 of typical size...  I imagine anything off of stuff like F-100s, F-4s, etc would be fine.
Other transfers that might be suitable for Vietnam ere U.S. SEA camo scheme.

Thank you for looking.
Brad
-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

I could check if my decal stash has anything useful - I've bought a few sizable decal lots from evilbay that are still unsorted, and as I build in 1:72, 1:48 would be surplus. Though I won't have any use for USPS stamps, obviously. ;D

zenrat

Nothing in my stash (its all The One True Scale rather than 1/48) but you can get the canopy set from the land of the long white cloud for 18 and one half Kiwi Dollars.
http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=102_106_108&products_id=732
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Sorry, mate, no can do. I've got some AIM-9's, not sure about -54's (don't think so) but they've all been bought for specific future builds.

Quote from: zenrat on September 21, 2016, 03:59:46 AM
(its all The One True Scale" rather than 1/48)

Heretic! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Snowtrooper on September 21, 2016, 01:01:46 AM
I could check if my decal stash has anything useful - I've bought a few sizable decal lots from evilbay that are still unsorted, and as I build in 1:72, 1:48 would be surplus. Though I won't have any use for USPS stamps, obviously. ;D

'precciate it!   :lol:      We'll come up with something to trade if you do come up with some. It's too early in my day to think straight (pre coffee stage, etc) but I'll try to come up with something suitable.

I knew I'd have a limited audience for the stamps.  :angel: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 21, 2016, 05:50:50 AM
Sorry, mate, no can do. I've got some AIM-9's, not sure about -54's (don't think so) but they've all been bought for specific future builds.

Quote from: zenrat on September 21, 2016, 03:59:46 AM
(its all The One True Scale rather than 1/48)

Heretic! :wacko:

Infidel.   :angry:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

LOL  ^

Udated this... all I need now is a windscreen /canopy set and the 4 roundels. 
-Sprues McDuck-

JayBee

The U-2 as a high altitude interceptor was an actual project from Lockheed.
I have thought of doing one for some time.
Of course being essentially in the Utility category it would have to carry the U-2 designation and have the F for Fighter as a prefix.
This would make it the FU-2.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TheChronicOne

Quote from: JayBee on September 24, 2016, 11:44:56 AM
The U-2 as a high altitude interceptor was an actual project from Lockheed.
I have thought of doing one for some time.
Of course being essentially in the Utility category it would have to carry the U-2 designation and have the F for Fighter as a prefix.
This would make it the FU-2.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

LOL!!!!   ;D ;D Good stuff......     That's what she'll be, the FU-2!  Glad you stopped by with that tidbit. I got a good laugh out of that and actually hadn't thought about making the designations work, so thanks! Humour and useful info all in one.

I DID come up with a really neat acronym, however, that I think people will like....  Itll be "FU-2 H.A.W.K."   Of course, it's a Hawk kit, as well, so that's a really sweet tie-in..

I want to build this so bad... in fact... I'm just going to go all in after the 1st and start working on it anyway.. I'll sort the missing parts out later.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-