M1 Abrams tank snow plow?

Started by seadude, August 22, 2016, 12:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Had this crazy idea after talking with my best friend today. Build up an M1 Abrams tank and turn it into a civilian heavy snow plow vehicle.  ;D
Changes:
1. Need new plow blade on front.
2. Add warning/flashing lights.
3. Paint in civilian colors and markings.
4. Keep turret and gun, but modify main gun into a flamethrower type system for those really tough snow clearing or "melting" jobs.  ;D

Anything else I should change or add?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Steel Penguin

the boxes on the engine deck to shoot the marker poles into the snow to show its depth ( the mark the mine free lane on the mine plough ones)  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

Snowblower ?

Could also have a wing plow on each side for clearing a 3 lane hiway in one pass  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Keep the main gun for dealing with potential avalanche areas. (At least that's what we'll tell them!)
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

sandiego89

I also like those immense augers/snow throwers that some trains have.  God forbid if someone walked into one of those.... :-\
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Old Wombat

Plough:

Remove turret & fit blower (may only need one of these):

Or fit something like this on a turn-table:

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Raptormodeller

Quote from: seadude on August 22, 2016, 12:54:56 PM
1. Need new plow blade on front.
4. Keep turret and gun, but modify main gun into a flamethrower type system for those really tough snow clearing or "melting" jobs.  ;D
Just like the Top Gear Dominator snowbine harvester...
A raptor with a difference
Whiffs are life                                            I found vis on vi intarnat i down noh  
the worlds ONLY modelling raptor               whow toow speel

Captain Canada

Great ideas guys. There was a link on here or somewhere with some great pics of old Canadian railway plows and some of the drifts they had conquered.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?