Dutch Skyraider

Started by TimJ, August 18, 2016, 05:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimJ

With the two week extension in place I thought I'd have time to build something for this GB, so her goes. The kit is the Airfix Skyraider which, as the thread title suggests, will be finished in Royal Netherlands Naval Air Service colours.

I should be making a start tomorrow.

kerick

Interesting.... 1/72nd scale? :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Yes, obviously the Airfix(Heller) kit.

zenrat

I whiffed the Heller version.  It had an odd bulge/twist in the fuselage just in front of the vertical tail on the port side.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

It's not odd. The A-1 had a twisted fin in order to compensate for propeller torque - the Heller/Airfix kit is one of the few that actually depicts this asymmetrical arrangement!

zenrat

Really?  Wish i'd known that.  it took me ages to "fix" it.  Damn.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on August 19, 2016, 09:04:35 PM
Really?  Wish i'd known that.  it took me ages to "fix" it.  Damn.

;D Check this blog, for instance: http://tailspintopics.blogspot.de/2011/10/ad-skyraider-modeling-notes.html

(Sorry for hijacking this thread!)

zenrat

Interesting.  Thanks Dizz.
Fred

DogfighterZen

Found that same "problem" on the Italeri F4U Corsair... i thought it was a molding issue but i got the info through a Portuguese modeler, just when i was about to start correcting it... :rolleyes:
I'll be watching this one closely, the Skyraider is one of my favorite prop planes. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

DFZ - if you have a poke around on the tailspin topics blog you'll find a lot of info on the Bearcat that you might find useful.

Fred

Captain Canada

You learn something new everyday eh !

Looking forward to seeing some progress myself. Love this aeroplane as well. So big and powerful.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on August 22, 2016, 04:18:03 AM
DFZ - if you have a poke around on the tailspin topics blog you'll find a lot of info on the Bearcat that you might find useful.

Thank you, i will! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TimJ

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 22, 2016, 11:49:59 AM
Looking forward to seeing some progress myself.

There has been some progress. The cockpit interior has been painted and the fuselage closed up.

More soon.