Spitfire racer 'Black Magic II'

Started by TimJ, August 14, 2016, 04:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimJ

After finishing my Bf 109K racer I thought I'd do a Spitfire to go with it. The victim was a Matchbox MkXVI/IX I'd had in the stash for a couple of decades. The cannon bulges were removed from the upper wing surfaces and when assembly was complete it was painted. As I had a spare set of decals from an Airfix DH.88 Comet I'd decided that it would be 'Black Magic II'. The underwing decals just about fitted but there was no problem with the rest of them.

A fine brush was used to add the 'II' after the name.

Hope you like it.  <_<

zenrat

I do like it.  It looks very smart in shiny black.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Dizzyfugu

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Maybe some JPS sponsoring needed...? ;)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TimJ

Thanks for the comments chaps.  <_<

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 15, 2016, 02:02:57 AM
Maybe some JPS sponsoring needed...? ;)

Funny you should say that, I do have a sheet of JPS decals that I could use on a sister aircraft.