1/144 Zvezda 747-800 ANZ WIF

Started by sykotik, July 24, 2016, 06:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sykotik

Hi guys

Following in the footsteps of the DC-10 comes this - the new Zvezda 747-800 done in an Air New Zealand What-If scheme
I was going to paint this in the current black and white scheme but decided to change it somewhat to make it more colourful
Decals are from Old Model Decals (NZ) - a mix of 777 and 747-400 and cockpit and cabin windows from Authentic Airliners

I am currently building a 777 and will paint it int he same scheme I think\

Thanks for looking
MH

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 24, 2016, 06:47:46 PM
That is beautiful work! :bow:

Second that, looks awesome!  :wub:

BTW: Is the green/black fuselage/tail decoration with the fern leaf a decal or painted?
The different window designs are pretty, too, this should look awesome in a beauty pic with a runway setting!  :rolleyes:

sykotik

thanks guys

Dizzy -the fern is a decal - part of a 777 decal set from Old Model Decals. The tail is actually blue, although it hasn't really shown that well in the photos - despite taking them in daylight.  :-\

NARSES2

Stunning  :thumbsup: Wiffie nomination on the way
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

That is incredible ! Great job. Love the markings and all the details you've put in. Stunning.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

If you plonked that on the Airliner SIG stand at Telford no-one would blink an eyelid, they'd all assume it was real.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sykotik

Thanks very much guys. I'm happy with how it came out. It's big though! Had to do a major reshuffle of the ol display shelf in the office to accommodate it and the up coming 777. I'll post some pics of that one once it's done
Si