Avon IPMS Show 2016

Started by PR19_Kit, July 24, 2016, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Are we, the UK SIG, meant to be at the Avon Show on August 7th? I'll be there with my 'normal' club anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Perhaps we need a calender showing not only events throughout the year but events that both the What-if and Project Cancelled sig's are attending?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

overscan

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 24, 2016, 11:59:09 AM
Are we, the UK SIG, meant to be at the Avon Show on August 7th? I'll be there with my 'normal' club anyway.

Yes we are
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

overscan

Quote from: Gondor on July 24, 2016, 03:01:02 PM
Quote from: overscan on July 24, 2016, 02:21:30 PM
Did someone ask for a calendar?

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=calendar

I suggested not realising that we already had one.

Gondor

We didn't until I clicked the calendar option :)
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on July 24, 2016, 02:35:26 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 24, 2016, 11:59:09 AM

Yes we are

Ah right. I'll have to photo-copy myself then..............  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

My club, CPAC, have had an email from Andy White, the Avon Show Manager, as below.

Looks like a crack of dawn start!

Our show as you may have realised is this coming Sunday.

We again have 3 halls which are all almost full.

Passes for displaying club members, as per last year will be collectable from the entrance hall from the time the venue opens around 07.00 until 09.30 when the paying public is let in, so please try and arrive before then.

One person per club to pick up all their passes and distribute them to fellow members.

As there are even more clubs displaying it may be an idea that if you have any fold up chairs to bring them along.

<snip>

For those clubs new to our show, we do allow under the table trading, but just ask you use your common sense for this as there are plenty of traders who are paying for that privilege.

Regards
Kit

Martin H

The same Email landed in my inbox today.

So I'll see those attending on Sunday  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately,

Martin H

Many thanks to those who showed up and took part at the show today.

Richard B, Trevor/Howard of Effingham, Andrew J, Kit S/PR19kit, Harro/Hobbis all attended and made the stand work.
I also took a few models out of the SIG's "reserve collection" from Geoff B/Thorvic and Dave D/Kitbasher.
We also hosted a pair of refugee's from the Shropshire stand.

My photos of the stand and other interesting models can be seen HERE
Unfortunately,

Gondor

Nice set of pictures OGL  :thumbsup:

Gondor

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Picked my Model Airplane International up today, forgot last week, and there in the Avon Show report is a half page shot of the hall with the What If S.I.G. stand in the middle of it and Our Glorious Leader sitting in the middle of that scratching his head and pondering  ;D Pondering what I can only guess  :angel:

I think Martin and Steve (Aircav) are having their own little competition to see who can get in the most magazine reports of a show in a calendar year ? :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Good stuff!  :thumbsup:

I never get that mag so I won't have seen it, so is the rest of the issue worth getting this month?

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 07, 2016, 08:19:26 AM

I never get that mag so I won't have seen it, so is the rest of the issue worth getting this month?

Subjective question Kit, one mans meat and that. However there are builds of Revell's 1/72 Corsair F4U-4, IBEX's 1/48 Texan II,  Sabres in 1/48 by Eduard and Hasegawa, GWH's 1/144 Victor, ZM's 1/48 Horton, Trumpeters 1/48 Mig 21UM(2nd part).

I quite like the mag and am thinking of subscribing after my Model Aircraft subscription finishes in November. I'm not renewing that as the magazine has become an altar to F.16's and USN aircraft plus the builds are not builds anymore but paint adverts. I know all the mags do this to some extent now but MA take the Jimmy. I'll be explaining this to their team in person at Telford, interested to see what their response is. The only problem I have with MAI is the smell.  :o Seriously go into Smiths and try it.