Started by Captain Canada, July 10, 2016, 08:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

A lot of folks on warbird forums have reservations about Reevers for various reasons. For one, their PR man is a recidivist "I know something you don't know" poster (under several user names, changing every year or so) who's burnt many bridges and has a very abrasive attitude when posting. There are questions about how projects held by Reevers are represented/identified (they have a B-17 project which many believe to be a rather small collection of parts, they claim to have P-43 Lancer IDs which others swear no longer exist) and the main man has had a bit of controversy around him too - Google "Peter Smythe Wirraway".

It's at the point where whenever they "announce" something at WIX or the Key Publishing Forum they're met by indifference or scepticism. What they say they have/are working on makes for some very exciting prospects for the Australian warbird scene...but. But.

Regardless of this, I hope KB882 can be properly looked after by someone, somewhere.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Here's the bigger story. Australian aircraft restorer Peter Smythe wants to buy a Lancaster Mk.10 from where it's been sitting in Canada for over 50 years.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/edmundston-lancaster-bomber-australia-1.3669533?cmp=rss

Reevers Warbirds website is weird :-\. It talks about how researching beef and cattle has led them to aircraft restoration. They offer artificial cow insemination and aircraft wreck removal?!  :unsure:
http://www.reevers.com.au/

KiwiZac

As I said, lots of folks are sceptical about Reevers!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Quote from: Nick on July 11, 2016, 12:27:41 PM
...They offer artificial cow insemination and aircraft wreck removal?!  :unsure:

Only Naval aircraft - because once restored they can be used to carry seamen.   ;D

I'll get me coat...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 12, 2016, 03:58:57 AM
...They offer artificial cow insemination and aircraft wreck removal?!  :unsure:

Only Naval aircraft - because once restored they can be used to carry seamen.   ;D

I'll get me coat...

I have the power to ban you know  ;D ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 12, 2016, 06:29:56 AM

I'll get me coat...

I have the power to ban you know  ;D ;D ;D

Perhaps someone needs a hard reminder of that?  ;D ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Captain Canada

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 11, 2016, 08:30:12 AM

All I get a large pic of blue sky with what maybe two small biplanes in the centre. What's that got to do with Lancasters?

Somehow I managed to copy a pic of the planes that flew over my house the other day......sorry !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 12, 2016, 06:48:52 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 11, 2016, 08:30:12 AM

All I get a large pic of blue sky with what maybe two small biplanes in the centre. What's that got to do with Lancasters?

Somehow I managed to copy a pic of the planes that flew over my house the other day......sorry !

AhAH! THAT'S why it didn't make any sense to me.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on July 12, 2016, 06:27:20 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 12, 2016, 06:29:56 AM
...They offer artificial cow insemination and aircraft wreck removal?!  :unsure:

Only Naval aircraft - because once restored they can be used to carry seamen.   ;D

I'll get me coat...

I have the power to ban you know  ;D ;D ;D

Perhaps someone needs a hard reminder of that?  ;D ;D ;D

:lol: ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Rat

I remember seeing that aircraft, in that exact spot, back in 1968. Still have some pictures somewhere.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Last time I was there she looked pretty good. Since they built the new TCH people drive right past it and don't even see it these days..... :-\
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?