Panther Ausf.A finished...yes its a what-if

Started by matrixone, June 06, 2016, 04:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

A few snaps of the finished Panther built from the older Tamiya kit.

Matrixone

Gondor

Another excellent finish Matrixone. So you can build tanks as well as aircraft. Cars and ships next?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Quote from: Gondor on June 07, 2016, 01:26:58 AM
Another excellent finish Matrixone. So you can build tanks as well as aircraft. Cars and ships next?

Gondor

He's already built military cars, trucks & kettenkraftrads. ;)

Nice Panther, matrixone. The dotty camo is brilliant! :thumbsup:

PS: The 109 looks great, too - especially the shot with its mini-me! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Very good.
It's got me thinking about indigenous dot painting style camo again though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Very much appreciate your comments!

Its very very rare for me to build armor models mainly because I just don't have the same interest in them like I do with aircraft, also it does not help when I see on some armor forums how the JMN types are so anal about accuracy they tend to come off as snooty with some of their comments.
I posted some pictures of this Panther on another forum and one of the comments was I did not get the weathering on some of the pipes on the rear of the tank quite right...well duh!...as I explained in my post over there I am an aircraft modeler and NOT an armor modeler and simply wanted to build something without wings for a change. Also I was corrected by this same person about my Panther not having the correct camouflage scheme and I replied I used some photographs of a Panther that were for sale on E-bay as a reference for painting my model...hope he took the bait and tried to find them. :wacko:

Matrixone