Westernised Ka50 Hokum......

Started by Army of One, May 22, 2016, 01:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

.....more than likely gonna be for the Royal Maltese Defence Force....in an anti fast patrol boat role....not sure of much yet but a nose job is definitely on the cards and a different weapons fit.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

This is what I'll be starting with.....goog old Italeri 1/72 Ka50 Hokum and a couple of Mavericks......which may or may not be used. I gotta get some plastic card as well........there will be scratch building......just a little bit.....

I have discovered while trying to research the Kamov range of shipborne helos (25,27) and their folding rotors.....a naval version under development of the Ka52 two seater..........folding rotors and upward hinging wings
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Logan Hartke

That's also not too far off of what was intended with the Ka-50-2 "Erdogan" designed for Turkey.

Cheers,

Logan

Army of One

These some of the pics I found of the Ka52K Alligator.....wing golds back not up.....my mistake.....

And i noticed it had 3 pylons per wing not 2 as on the Ka50......

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kerick

I hope the fuselage is reinforced where the gun muzzle is. That pilot will get a kick in the pants when it fires.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Army of One

Looks like it may be.......there is the metal/titanium  (?) blast plate by the muzzle.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Great idea. Love the look of the Alligator as well, I didn't know the wings folded back ! I had built a navalized one back in the mid 2000s, another stalled half built  :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I drew this one while we were working offshore, on the Deepwater Pathfinder. Loved watching the choppers come and go, and thought it would be so cool to see military helos use it to extend their SAR and ASW range.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

I have just ordered some plastic card n strip to modify a 1/35 50ft landing craft n scalerama it to a 1/72 inshore helicopter tender. Been thinking about it for years after I saw pics of the Tango boats of the USN Brown Water Navy from Vietnam.....just looking for suitable parts......also been advised in the past to put a bit of a bow on it instead of leaving it as a L/C......just tinking of fittings and equipment.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Sweet. That is going to look awesome !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

I know I'll start it......get some done on it........finishing is the problem.........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Does anyone have any idea if the rotor head disengages/ swivels as i have been trying to work out how to fold the rotors...?  I was thinking of a rotor above the fuselage and the others folded along side, the top would be facing the other way.....or is this justvthe way the kitvis manufactured.....?  Looks complicated withnthe linkages.......any advice/ pics be welcolmed as i can't find any looking down......plenty from the side of stowed Kamov choppers on ships.......thanks
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

I think the upper set just turn on the bottom set. I made mine stowed like that and it seemed pretty simple.

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Quote from: scooter on May 26, 2016, 04:28:25 AM
Hope this helps-

Scooter......yes it does thanks......looks like a minor bit of surgery required to the kit.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!