Japanese Ki-46 Dinah III finished

Started by matrixone, May 03, 2016, 04:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is the 1/48 scale Tamiya Dinah III that was recently finished, the model was built SFTB while the markings came from an Aeromaster sheet.

Matrixone

sandiego89

Great weathering! Interesting main green/drab/brownish color.   Great job :thumbsup:

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

I love the shape of this version with the smooth nose.  Like a flying dolphin.
Good work.  RW?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

matrixone

Thanks guys!

Yes its real world. :-\

Matrixone

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on May 03, 2016, 05:08:08 PM
I love the shape of this version with the smooth nose.
So do I!
Thanks for the enjoyment showing us this rare model. ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Dork the kit slayer

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good modelling. I like that a lot. You have certainly nailed that colour :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

matrixone

Thanks guys!

My next Dinah will be what-if, here are a couple more images of the Tamiya Dinah.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on May 04, 2016, 05:17:56 AM
You have certainly nailed that colour :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Absolutely, looks spot on  :thumbsup: Superb model  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: matrixone on May 04, 2016, 06:19:51 PM

Looking at that picture made me wonder if the engines are the same size as the BMW 801 which would make a simple whiff if they are.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2 and Gondor!

Gondor,
Years ago I made a what-if Luftwaffe Dinah and put BMW engines on it and as I found out the Japanese engines were a smaller diameter than the BMW's...they can be made to fit the airframe but its not just a perfect drop in fit.

Matrixone

DogfighterZen

As everyone already said, excellent work! You sure know how to make them look real, all the pics are great but that first and last ones are just too good! :thumbsup: :bow:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

matrixone

Thank you DogfighterZen!

Sadly I have not been able to find any photographs of airworthy Dinah's that had much weathering on them so I took the weathering on this model to the limit based on the photographs available to me.
I really like warplanes that actually look like they were in a shooting war and this Dinah barely qualifies as a warplane.

Matrixone

dumaniac

The Ki 46 is a great looking aircraft = almost French in design.  You paint job is a cracker as always. Your photos are super.

Thanks for sharing.

matrixone

Thanks for looking dumaniac!

Matrixone