Super Killer Rabbid Robot named MaK

Started by kerick, May 01, 2016, 08:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Here's something I've been messing around with lately. It started out as a happy meal toy from a video game called Rabbids. I found it in an alley. It has a new life now.
So, at the beginning...

I had to remove his spare tire/tyre and fill in his belly. Then I cut off what little he had in the way of arms and legs and built new ones, MaK style. The gun barrel is from a propane lighter I found.

Thank heavens for Aves! The arms and legs are made from various tubing  with a ball of Aves to make the joints look like flexible material. I placed a wire armature inside the new limbs.
The feet were made from computer keyboard keys and half of a plastic appetizer spoon.

So now I had to make a robot hand. Once I figured out how it went quickly. Basically, I cut a section from a drop tank and sliced a groove to make knuckle joints and then between each finger.

So with some primer and greeblies I'm up to this point.

The skirt armor is from full size plastic spoons and the knee and shoulder armor is from the appetizer spoons.
As usual, I'm pondering what paint scheme to use. I'm not inclined to use the Panzer schemes used on most MaK builds. I suppose I could look up pics of wild rabbits but that seems a little tame......
Let me know what you guys think.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Nice robot.

There is a US/French TV series called Rabbids Invasion (Lapins Cretin en francais IIRC) which is very very funny.  I thoroughly recommend it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

My mind's boggling already and you've only got primer on half of it!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 02, 2016, 03:53:44 AM
My mind's boggling already and you've only got primer on half of it!  :o

Absolutely Kit. My imagination does not go even 10% of the way there  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Project revival!
I finally decided on a splinter paint scheme using OD green, sand beige and Krylon Smoke grey. Pics will follow as its gloss coat is still drying and I don't want to take the chance on a big fat finger print in the middle of it. I've got a bunch of old decals that should finish it out.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Some pics!

Detail painting, decals and an attempt at weathering to go. One of his side skirts keeps breaking off. I'm going to glue it back on with a ball of Aves behind it to reinforce it. Any ideas what to do with his "goggle" lenses?
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on June 29, 2016, 07:36:14 PM
...Any ideas what to do with his "goggle" lenses?

Like it.  How about mirrored lenses?  Hasegawa do mirrored mylar film with adhesive backing.  I can send you a piece if you want.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Second that. You also get thin, metallic foil (in various shades) as small sheets at hobby and stationery shops (w/o adhesive tape, but it's easy to apply, e. g. with a bit of white glue). Easy to trim with (sharp) scissors, and it looks IMHO very good:

Dorvack +++ 1:24 Mugen Masato's PA-36N "Nove Commander" suit with two HD-R2 lasers
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Dorvack +++ 1:24 Louise Oberon's PA-36E "Nove Rowla" (kit conversion)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Dorvack +++ 1:24 PA-36HD with HR-36M "Nove Fire Suplex"
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Captain Canada

What an awesome transformation ! That is so cool. Wish I had the imagination  :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Thanks for the kind words
To dizzy and zen, thanks for the suggestions! I've used the multi colored plastic confetti for the colored sensor "lenses" in modern AFVs. This foil sounds easier. Off to HL or Micheals.
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Some progress pics. Just a little painting of details.

Found some red foil at HL. We'll see how it works.
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Given Robot Wars is back on BBC 2 this weekend this guy could be used to sort out the spectators if they get to unruly  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

I managed to put some decals on over the weekend. Still needs a squirt of flat then a few pics. Thanks for the compliments!
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Some decals from the scrap box.

I took the pics out doors in the mixed shade and sunlight. I think it adds to the camo scheme.

I have a base to set it on as the epoxy putty I used for the backpack is heavy and makes him want to fall backwards. I used to be a small desk clock but now it has a new purpose. I glued some old lead wheel weights inside to make it more stable.

I'm going to add some simple gravel and such for the base. Maybe a surprise yet, we'll see how the weathering goes.
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

He (or she) got any kill markings ?  :rolleyes:

Great work