Meng Kids quasi-hemi-demi-semi Egg Planes

Started by puddingwrestler, March 31, 2016, 10:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Was browsing in Metro Hobbies Melbourne, and I found a stash of Meng Kids kits. These are pretty cool little kits, there were three planes and a tank. They are in a cartoony style, a bit like Egg Planes, but all of them were multi-engined bombers. A Lancaster, a Tupolve TU-2 and a B-17.

Apparently, there's a HE177 as well.

I had a look inside the Lancaster - the boxes were not sealed - and it looked pretty good. The model was about 10cm long, and looked just like the cover art. They were priced at $20AUD each, and were new to me, even if everyone else already knows about them... and now YOU know about them!

My work here is done. I shall go back to blu-tacking skulls to Games Workshop terrain to make it even more Warhammery.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Martin H

Ive helped my nepthew to build the Lanc. Quite a fun build.
They are also doing the current PLA mbt in the same format. I've got one stashed away for his birthday.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

zenrat

I love the look of them.  Saw them in the City Hobby Shop at chrimbo but didn't pick one up as I wanted the whole set, couldn't afford it and couldn't decide on which one to get if I only got one.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Saw them for the first time at last years Coventry Air Museum show and yes they do look good. Mike M has built the B-17 and there's a picture of it etc on his site
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

You could buy one of the cartoon planes and blu-tack skulls on it....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

puddingwrestler

Just replace the nose with a skull and claim it's part of the imperial navy. Seems to be how GW designs things.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

NARSES2

Here's a link to Mike's build of the Fortress. It's at the bottom of the page http://www.grumpyoldmodeller.com/bench.html
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

You know Chris that is a damned funny looking Lancaster with only one fin.  :blink:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on April 02, 2016, 05:54:12 AM
You know Chris that is a damned funny looking Lancaster with only one fin.  :blink:

Ooooops. Could have sworn Mike had built a Lanc  :banghead: Corrected my stupidity now, cheers Jim  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on April 02, 2016, 05:54:12 AM

That's the way Mike builds 'em..........  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

The instructions for the Lancaster show a Mosquito in the same vein. I want an Egg Plane Mosquito!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates