T

Newark show

Started by The Wooksta!, October 11, 2004, 07:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

As promised, a few pix.

First up, an EF111K based on a very ill fitting Chinese kit in 48th.

Captain Canada

Cool !

Love the 111.....

Thanks for sharing !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Swamphen

Y'know, that SST on the left...the wings on the Jag behind it look just like canards... :ar:

Quotebased on a very ill fitting Chinese kit

That wouldn't happen to be from Z...Zh..Zh..Zhen-Defu!? *sniff*

NARSES2

Love the 111 and the Me109X looks Japanese ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hobbes

QuoteMeanwhile, up in the competition, Glenn Ashley entered this rather natty Bf 109X in 72nd.  Based on the RS Resins kit.
Are you sure that's a Bf-109? It looks more like an Fw-190 to me (then again, I know how much the Germans experimented, so a Bf-109 with a radial and a bubble canopy isn't entirely impossible)...

Geoff_B

QuoteAre you sure that's a Bf-109? It looks more like an Fw-190 to me (then again, I know how much the Germans experimented, so a Bf-109 with a radial and a bubble canopy isn't entirely impossible)...

Yeap , Wooks knows his Luft 46 very well, plus he would have chatted to Glen about it anyway (BTW Glen is the guy who owns the 1/72 vacform C-5 Galaxy moulds - but not sure if its currently in production or not).

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

elmayerle

QuoteMeanwhile, up in the competition, Glenn Ashley entered this rather natty Bf 109X in 72nd.  Based on the RS Resins kit.
Are you sure that's a Bf-109? It looks more like an Fw-190 to me (then again, I know how much the Germans experimented, so a Bf-109 with a radial and a bubble canopy isn't entirely impossible)...
Yep, it's a Bf-109X.  Something of Messerschmitt's reaction to the Fw-190 and documented several places; if I remember correctly, first prototype had a P&W engine, second had a BMW engine.  It was no where near as good and was abandoned.  I do think I'd love to see that bubble canopy on a regular Bf-109 or, for a real "what-if", a Me-109TL.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

Gotta love those SSTs  :wub:

Now imagine them in the new Northwest scheme.....  :wub:

Or AA...  :wub:

Thanks for the piccies Lee   :ar:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May