Some new ''What If'' WWII pics

Started by matrixone, October 11, 2004, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Some new pictures I shot on Sunday afternoon.
The rainy season is almost here in my part of the country and I thought I better spend some time outside while the weather is still good, next weekend may not be as good for taking pics outside.

Matrixone

Hobbes

:o  *bows in the presence of a master*

John Howling Mouse

Fabulous, as always.

Your work is consistently excellent.

:)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

lancer

Matrix, you never cease to amze me old son. I salute you!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

Hobbes, Wooksta, JHM, and lancer, thanks for the comments!

In a few months my airfield will have as many as eight Ta 183s on it, I have plans to do a number of pictures of an operational Ta 183 Luftwaffe base, two of the Ta 183s are under construction now the others might be finished next spring.
Two new hangers will be built late spring or early next summer as well as starter carts and work platforms for the ground crew.

Below is a pic of my old models shot on Sunday, this pic is my best b/w effort so far. This pic has just the right amount of the aged look to it and is what I have trying to do all this time. My new models photographed the same way should look convincing.

Below is my best aged color pic, it has just the right amount of color, lighting, and grainy effect to almost pass for a WWII era color photo.

Matrixone

Tophe

QuoteThe rainy season is almost here and I spend some time outside while the weather is still good
Matrixone
Your Black&White picture in good whather confirms my opinion: "good wheather means grey sky" (the Sun hurts my light-coloured eyes, though less than what would do the Luftwaffe bombs that you seem to adore...)

(joke ^    - seriously: very nice models views, congratulations)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Whoaaaaa again !

Brilliant as ever

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Looking ood, Matrix !

And go on, I dare you....take a few pics outside in the rain ! Now that would be cool......a wet day out on the ramp !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

matrixone

Thanks Tophe, NARSES2, and Captain Canada!

Captain Canada,
Last spring while outside taking some pics a sudden rain shower occured and I nearly had a wet airfield then!

Another pic from last Sunday...

Matrixone  

Joe C-P

You really should clean your camera of those little threads more often.  ;)

Fine work, eerily realistic.  :) Keep posting, they're great fun!

I'll have to borrow the wife's digi-cam again, to show that I'm actually building models instead of just posting here.  :rolleyes:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Scooterman

Quote:o  *bows in the presence of a master*
second that............

Swamphen

Matrix, you really oughta patent that time machine of yours...  :o

Excellent, excellent pix!  ^_^

BTW is that a Dinah in the first shot?

matrixone

JoeP, Scooterman, and Swamphen, thanks guys!

Swamphen,
That Dinah in my pic is from the old Airfix 1/72 scale kit, I have used BMW engines from an old Italeri Ju 188 to put on my model, it is the same sort of idea the Germans had for the full size Dinah airframe.

And another pic...this time a 1/48 scale Fw 190D-11(or D-13)

Matrixone  

elmayerle

Man, I'm just in awe of work like yours.  *Tips his hat to a Master*
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

Wow, that Butcher Bird is just amazing.....superbly done  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May