Back to the Wright 'B'

Started by Glenn, October 08, 2004, 07:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Not having worked on it for over 4 months, I decided to get it out once again, 'and do a bit'! The seats are in place, and the radiator, and now the back rigging. Once the front and cross pieces are done I can start to modify the other bits.
Glenn/Lyn

WeeJimmy

Right then... is that your back garden or a diorama or some sort tae photoshop trick :lol:

The wing looks fantastic :wub:  

Tophe

:wub:  So lovely little thing in your hand Glenn/Lyn... Did you take the picture with the other hand? Funny...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Wee Jimmy,
       Yes, you guessed it, that's a 1:1 sc model of my back yard. When not in use, I store it in the garden shed.
Tophe,
       Yea, it's taken with the other hand, it's amazing what you can do with a digital camera.

lancer

QuoteWee Jimmy,
       Yes, you guessed it, that's a 1:1 sc model of my back yard. When not in use, I store it in the garden shed.
Tophe,
       Yea, it's taken with the other hand, it's amazing what you can do with a digital camera.
It's also kinda amazing what you can do with one handed as well...... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Glenn,

Is that just the common old Monogram version in whatever box-scale they called it or some other kit offering?

From what I found in my Monogram box, yours frankly looks too good to be that one.

???

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Glenn

Chief,
   Yes, it's the old Monogram kit, with a few modifications along the way, and......
Lancer,
  I'm shooting with an Olympus 760, let me explane. Once I've set it to SQ2, and set up the Macro, I just zoom in and out to get the image set. The zoom lever is on the shutter release, so holding the camera with my right hand, and using the index finger on the zoom, you can just adjust it before you shoot, easy!
                       Glenn

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI'm shooting with an Olympus 760, let me explane. Once I've set it to SQ2, and set up the Macro, I just zoom in and out to get the image set. The zoom lever is on the shutter release, so holding the camera with my right hand, and using the index finger on the zoom, you can just adjust it before you shoot, easy!
Yeah, "easy" says he, the guy who can operate Photoshop in his sleep.

Know what's even easier?  My digital camera, thank God!

Never could figure out F-stops, exposures, and so on for model photography.

Don't know why digicams can automatically do all that on their own but I am sure grateful!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

lancer

QuoteNever could figure out F-stops, exposures, and so on for model photography.

Don't know why digicams can automatically do all that on their own but I am sure grateful!
Oh I never had a problem with F stops and exposures and shutter speeds. My SLR is about 20 years old now. It was cutting edge when I brought it, and it still produces a brilliant pic today. My digital, on the other hand produces bloody awful pics!! Go figure.

Hey!!!, I just spotted a oragne headed hose snake slithering into shot just behind the port wing, as you look at it, #very sweet.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die