Main Menu

XV-1

Started by Mike Wren, October 07, 2004, 12:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wren

deadline is saturday, here it is with the paint on...

Mike Wren

and most of the decals & painting done...

John Howling Mouse

This is so freakin' cool!    :wub:

Way to go, man!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Swamphen

Ay kewl dude!!  B)  

Captain Canada

Wow Mikey, is that ever cool !  Love the RAAF idea.......sweet ! Was she used to good effect in Vietnam ?

My illusions of making the deadline were burned up when I spent 7 weeks in Halifax.........which is really too bad, as I had a few good intentions !

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Nice!

What's its mission again?

Skippy, Skippy, say ciao to that old clapped out Bell, Skippy, Skippy here comes the new XV-1...

:dum:  :cheers:  

Tophe

still one day to wait till the announced Saturday... :)  I hope your camera will not be in a jam the very day... :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Mike Wren

well, the RAAF trialled 6 of them in 1957, although they found that something a bit bigger was required & turned to license-producing the Westland Walrus HC.1(Rotodyne)

Mike Wren

QuoteI hope your camera will not be in a jam the very day... :)
me too, Tophe  :unsure:  

F-32

Sweet......................hang a couple of AIM-54 Phoenix under the wing for sh*ts and giggles :P  

JoeP

Eez kool! B) Can't wait to see the finished product.  ^_^

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Mike Wren

it's finished! A McDonnell XV-1, one of 6 being evaluated by the RAAF in 1957, most of the decals are from an Italeri Huey with the yellow bits made from solid yellow decal sheet

after some last minute tribulations:

both cans of satin varnish spray I had we duff, hence the matt finish

the vac-formed side pieces looked awful when fitted so I ripped them out & made the frames from plasticard, the reasoning being that the Australian crews needed a bit more ventilation in the tropical temperatures...

then my camera battery was flat...

:D  

Mike Wren

John Howling Mouse

It's a great feeling to open this forum and find another FINISHED model I can't wait to "acquire" by archiving their pics into my "Models By Others" file folder.

Bravo, man!  Love the extra ventilation idea, too.

It IS Australian-piloted after all---can just picture those guys with their legs dangling out the sides as they bank over gorges and coastlines alike!

Great job!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Swamphen

A+ Mike boy!!

My christmas list includes $50 at HobbyTown, to get the stuff I need to actually start building some stuff!