RENARD & JUNKERS

Started by NARSES2, October 02, 2004, 02:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Thought I'd post my latest two completions - better pic's on Martin's site but here go's

First off is the Renard R-38 serving in 4/11/2 Ae RBAF Nivelles May 1940

Kit is HR Models - nice simple build but with optional more detailed/difficult undercart. Decals for the prototype
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Another shot of the Renard.

The R37 was an interesting earlier prototype with a Gnome-Rhone radial.

The R38 completed a considerable amount of testing and was eventually flown to France and then Morroco - no idea after that. A latter version the R40 was pressurised and featured an ejectable pilot capsule.

I envisage it coming into service a year earlier than could of been in real life and taking part in the defence of Belgium.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Finally at the other end of the WIF WWII spectrum the Huma model of tthe Junkers EF 128

Like all Huma's I've built it's a nice relaxing build. Finished in late war camo and unit decals from the Revel Flitzer.

matrixone

NARSES2,

Very nice Junkers EF 128!

I have two of those kits in my kit stash and will probably build one of them next year for sure.
Glad to hear they are easy to build since my modeling time is quite limited.

Matrixone  

lancer

Teriffic kits Chris, I love your EF128 especially. I built one a couple of years ago, they certainly are a nice build. I want a couple more to fill out the ideas I have for them.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Looking good, Chris !

I especially like the Junkers.........neat stuff ! I'll have to head over to Martin's and check out the better pics, eh ?

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Congratulations also for your Renard. Good-looking and poorly known. Beautiful what-if model...
  (Chris-)Tophe
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Id this your Renard  :wub: together with Martin's Twin-Meteor :wub: ? Well, my favourite :)  would be a Twin-Renard :wub: , but this is too late :( : my book is gone to the printer...

Aircav

Is that a twin Meteor or a triple? :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :unsure:  :rolleyes:  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

Yes Tophe it's my Renard. I'm trying to build a collection of late 1930's projects from France, Belgium, Holland,Czech & Poland.

Chris

Tophe

Quotea collection of late 1930's projects
Projects? Unbuilt projects? Interesting... :)  

elmayerle

QuoteYes Tophe it's my Renard. I'm trying to build a collection of late 1930's projects from France, Belgium, Holland,Czech & Poland.

Chris
Hmm, going to do any of the up-graded engine variants of the Fokker D-23?  It'd look interesting with two DB601's, wo Merlins, or, even, two Allison V1710's.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

QuoteFokker D-23?  It'd look interesting with two DB601's
I have drawn it, haven't you my Forked Ghosts book, dear ? Maybe I will send it for Christmas to you... The Daimler D-23 is illustrated there, and the source was a profile, in Air Enthusiast I think, I may check.

Tophe

From Air Enthusiast 02/1974...

NARSES2

Quotea collection of late 1930's projects
Projects? Unbuilt projects? Interesting... :)
At the moment Tophe I'm concentrating on aircraft that were completed/nearly completed prior to the fall of Western Europe as there are quite a few projects around. Currently working on two Arsenal VG33's, one as the prototype and one as an in-service type.