He-116B

Started by Glenn, September 29, 2004, 07:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I was looking for something 'odd' to make when I came across this He-116. Looking at the plans, and having a He-111H close by, I decided to 'give it a go'! In 1/144sc. and after Photocopying the plans to scale, I set to work. Well, it wasn't as easy as I'd have thought, the fuselage had to be cut in about 4 sections, and rejoined so the nose is longer, and the wing, jeezes, it would have been a lot easier in 1/72sc. then I could have used a B~C model.
The engines were made from tubing with .10 thou plate aling the sides to give the right look, and the colour is Lt. Grey. The only thing holding me up, with finishing it, is the code letters, but other than that, it's another Heinkel to go with my collection.

elmayerle

Very nice work indeed.  You obviously don't have the fat fingers I do. :D
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

QuoteIn 1/144sc.
:wub:  Congratulations, Glennlyn. You make me regret having chosen the 1/72nd scale, once again, I should have done all in 1/144th (I remember your Starfighter Zwilling also, so nice). Many little cute silhouettes, good enough for an overview. Thanks for the lesson, I will see, I plan to model again after my moving to a new appartment in 2005. But I have a whole stock of boxes, 1/72nd...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

lancer

Oh what a gorgeous little beauty..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

1/144?  :o

Good grief Glenn, are you a micro-surgeon in real life or something?  :P

Cos if I started cutting up a kit that small, very quickly I'd have nothing but plastic shavings left  :lol:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Scooterman

Nice work Glenn. :wub:

That baby looks 'right'.

And in fly scale too!  WOW! :cheers:  :cheers: