final F-108 Rapier design (1960) !!!

Started by Deino, September 29, 2004, 06:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

Found in the latest issue of AIRPOWER regarding the development of the F-108 ... this is the final iteration even after the programes cancellation !  

Enjoy it, Deino   :wub:  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Captain Canada

Man, that sure has alot of wing !

Love underwing tails or whatever you call 'em.........really makes it look fast !

Toadman :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

You could stick a hell of a lot of missiles under that wing...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

elmayerle

A very good article, that, though they did leave out a fwe bits.

As far as I know, the only armament ever shown for teh F-108 is three AIM-47's carried in the internal weapons bay.  Though, obviously, for other purposes than air defense, the AGM-76 could be substituted for it.  This gives the interesting prospect of F-108's or F-12B's using AGM-76's to clear the way for RS-70's, one of the bomber bomber version of the Lockheed A-12, or whatever in an all-out attack.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

Once again, a very, very old thread. But now we have anigrand F-108 to modify!!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Andrew Gorman

Dang, this IS an old thread.  But F-108s are too cool let alone.  Here is an F-108 I made few months before the thread started:
http://groups.msn.com/ModelersAndHobbyForu...um/itcf108.msnw
It's based on the ITC F-108 kit, that had very little in common with the real project, but had really cool artwork:
http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/models/yaho...20Restored.html
Andrew

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.