Finished at last!

Started by matrixone, September 26, 2004, 09:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Today I finished my Monogram Do 335, this is a kit that has been in my kit stash since the late 1970s and am glad I waited to build this kit, if I built this when I was a kid it would not have turned out this good.
My next Do 335 will be built from the Tamiya kit and this time I won't wait so long to build it!

Matrixone  

Aircav

Turns green and heads for a corner............................... :wacko:  :(
That looks Fantastic  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
So when are you going to teach us all how to model to that stantard ? :dum:  :dum:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

F-32

NARSES2

Whoaaaa - the b&w photo is incredible  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Ok, I know I've said this before, but that is truely magnificent!!!! Looking at that and my pathetic efforts, I sometimes wonder why I bother....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

Thanks aircavpinkteam, F-32, NARSES2, and lancer!

I wanted a very different looking Do 335 and the camouflage I chose for this model is unlike other models of the Arrow I have seen.

Here is another pic from Sundays photo shoot...

Check out the landing light, the pilot forgot to turn it off after his last mission. Must have been very sleepy!

Matrixone  

Allan

Hi Matrix,

It REALLY brings home to me how puny my modelling efforts are when I see a real tour de force like your Dornier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feel like sssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!

Wonderful work!

Allan in Canberra

nev

Amazing work, as ever.  A pleasure to view  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Scooterman

Damn!  

There are just not enough adjectives (or expletives!!) to describe your work Matrixone.

I shall now bow down in front of the Master

Keep it up!

matrixone

Thank you Allen, nev, and scooterman for the kind words!

On my work bench now are a couple Ta 183s, an Amtech 1/48 scale kit and the PM 1/72 scale. If these turn out good I will post some pics in a few weeks.

Another Do 335 pic...

Matrixone  

Allan

Hi Matrix,

Your praise is well-deserved. Is that a painted-on spiral?

TA 183?

That's the Huckbein, isn't it?

How are you going to make that one?  German or some other country's colors?

I was just thinking about the crappy old Revell UHU the other day. If I found two

copies of that one I could lengthen the wings and make one of them a four engine

job and maybe the other one a twin jet engine plane, if I found two jet engines

lying around.

Allan in Canberra.

matrixone

Allen,

Again, thank you.
The Ta 183 is a single engined jet fighter designed by the Focke-Wulf company near the end of WWII.

It will be a challenge to paint and choose the markings to make the Ta 183 models look like a ''real'' aircraft, I have seen some models of the Ta 183 that were not painted in a very realistic paint scheme and I don't want mine to look cartoon like.

A four engined UHU sounds very cool! I wish you luck with that project if you decide to build it!
Please post some pics of that model when its done.
I also have one of those UHU kits and I will most likely finish it just like my Do 335 model.

Matrixone

BTW, the spinner spiral was hand painted, I don't like those spiral decals.  

elmayerle

QuoteHi Matrix,

Your praise is well-deserved. Is that a painted-on spiral?

TA 183?

That's the Huckbein, isn't it?

How are you going to make that one?  German or some other country's colors?

I was just thinking about the crappy old Revell UHU the other day. If I found two

copies of that one I could lengthen the wings and make one of them a four engine

job and maybe the other one a twin jet engine plane, if I found two jet engines

lying around.

Allan in Canberra.
I suspect you'd have to lengthen the fuselage a touch aft of the wing for a four-engined one, just to maintain weight and balance requirements.  Beyound that, consider some of the other possible derivatives that Heinkel and others were looking at.  Just a thought, if you've got a pair of radial engines, two of those with turbocharging might go good on the other airframe.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Allan

Fully concur re lengthening the fuselage
in haste
Allan