B

fuzzy bunny Hawk

Started by Biggles, September 26, 2004, 01:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggles

Here is a model of the Hawk Battlefield Airborne Surveillance, Tracking And Reconnaissance Device, known in service - inevitably - as the fuzzy bunny.  The aircraft derives from a 1975 requirement for a battlefield surveillance system, and the Hawk adaptation (the BAe KiteTR.1) was an easy winner, offering 70% commonality with the RAF's existing trainers.

Modifications to the airframe included winglets, to improve loiter time and range, the dome mounted 'Blue Rondo' radar, and an avioics suite including the nose-mounted 'Blue Circle' radar (a variant of which was to fly in the Tornado F.2).

The Kite TR.1 entered service with 6 Sqn, RAF in late 1985, and the aircraft now serves with the airforces of Canada, Australia, Indonesia and South Africa.

WeeJimmy

Biggles...  I'm Baggled!  Great idea... I can hear the Yanks already...

" send a few of their BASTARDS up there...."

Great idea.. nice modelling :D  

lancer

Outstanding Biggles, Sweet looking fuzzy bunny.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Gary

Ya know the dang thing just looks...  right!  Kewl!
Getting back into modeling

F-32

Damn, he's a good looking fuzzy bunny :P  

Supertom

LOL, how long did it take you  to come up with that acronym?  Great job Biggles!  :lol:  
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

NARSES2

Cute looker, somehow she looks right, great kitbash

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scooterman

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers: Excellent!  Love the paint!

And Winglets!!!   Mmmmmm winglets........
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Captain Canada

Yeah.....it's the winglets that I like too.........Mmmmmmm :wub:

And the nose, very pointy !

Can it carry weapons for self defence ? How about an AAR probe ?

I think I may have to build one for my Air Force !

Cool..........

So, how many Hawks we have on the site now ? We're kicking donkey !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Quote:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers: Excellent!  Love the paint!

And Winglets!!!   Mmmmmm winglets........
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Mmmmmmmmmm Twiglets.... :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

JoeP

Awwww, it's so widdle-biddle adorable!  :D  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

lancer

QuoteAwwww, it's so widdle-biddle adorable!  :D
It's not the size of the thing, it's what you can do with it..... :o  :o  :o  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!