B

Interim Eurofighter

Started by Biggles, September 24, 2004, 07:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggles

With the collapse of the USSR at the end of the Eighties, the Soviet aircraft industry teeters on the brink of financial ruin and destruction.  While the West dithers, the 'Tiger economies' of the Pacific rim step in with much needed investment capital.

The major player is a consortium of Japanese hi-tech companies, known as Panasony.  They modify the design of the MiG-29 to incorporate Japanese electronics, and market it as the 'Phoenix'.  (No second chance for TSR2 in this universe!).

When the projected Eurofighter suffers cost overrun for the umpteenth time, HMG buy 65 aircraft, which enter service - with 56 Sqn, RAF - as the Phoenix F.1.

The model represents Phoenix F.1, ZC554, the 56 Sqn display aircraft for the 2000-2001 season.

Enjoy,

Ian

Tophe

Pretty or What ? : Pretty... :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Nick

Very pretty! What scale is it?

Nick B)  

Radish

I remember that one, Ian.
Wasn't it 1/72nd scale?
Great stuff!!
:dum:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Sweet !

Awesome markings on that one......would have been wicked to see 9 of them filling the sky with half-burnt fuel !

Nice and loud, too.........

The wee canards really give it a different look as well.

Cheers !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Scooterman

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN
:dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:

I wish I still had my RAF Fulcrum GR.2......Would have looked soooooo nice next to this one.

Smashing work Ian!  Need a two seater next!

Ollie

Sleeko, neato, I love it to!!

B)  :P  :cheers:  :dum:  

WeeJimmy

elmayerle

Gorgeous model and a lovely bit of alternate history.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

lancer

QuoteDAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN
:dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:

I wish I still had my RAF Fulcrum GR.2......Would have looked soooooo nice next to this one.

Smashing work Ian!  Need a two seater next!
Wait until ypu see my Avro Anaconda (RSAF's SU27), funnily enough it's 56 sqn as well.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Supertom

That is some paint scheme!  How did you do the checks on the tail?  Were they painted?
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Biggles

Thanks, folks!

The kit is the old, inaccurate Hasegawa 1/72 Fulcrum, the scheme is Barley Grey and Medium Sea Grey, the red trim and the fin checks are masked & sprayed, and what decals there are are leftovers from a Modeldecal Phantom sheet - I think.  

The model itself was built about five or six years ago - or maybe more.

Ian

"Million to one chances happen nine times out of ten"  -  Terry Pratchet

Tophe

I don't remember :unsure: ... Was it the MiG 29 or the Su 27 that has been proposed for Real (in the bad World called Reality, far from our What-if dreams) with canard foreplanes for naval operation with STOL ability and low-speed control? All is mixed in my memory. Google shows there have been true Su-27 canards but for the Mig 29, is it just a dream?
Well, even if this was true, those bright colors are what-if enough for me... congratulations and thanks.

Tophe