Beriev Be-10 B

Started by Glenn, September 23, 2004, 07:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Seen here somewhere over the North Sea, (RAF photo) a nice close up of this remarkable Russian flyingboat.
When first reported, the US Government claimed that the Ruskies had copied another US design. But, acording to the Politburo the shoe is on the other foot! A statement in TASS stated, "If we copied this design, show the world this 'so called' production model used be the Amerikans?"

Model:              Revell Martin Seamaster
Modifications:    Main U/C doors glued to sides
Colour Scheme: The mix   1part Humbrol 221 (blue)
                                      1part Revell    55 (lt. green)
                                      2~4parts Humbrol 127 (satin lt. grey) Uppersurfaces.
                                      127 Lt Grey undersurfaces.

Glenn

Captain Canada

Another beauty, Lyn !

You're quite prolific in the finished product dept., eh ?!

Jet powered flying boats rock ! And great idea with the storyline.......... :wub:

Keep 'em coming !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Swamphen

Hey, cool! :wub:

Definitly looks like a Beriev, too!

But you need a different designator. Be-10 ('Madge') was a radial-powered bird!

elmayerle

Wouldn't this more likely be a Be-12B?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

On my latest Unicraft consignment there was a picture of the box art for the BE-10 on the side of one of the boxes - should mean it's near release

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

That's lov-er-ly!  B)  :cheers:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Glenn

It's funny but the reason I chose the title Be-10b, was 'cause it was the only 'jet' powered flying-boat in the series. The Be-6 is a piston engine (Russian Mariner) the Be-8 looks as if it should be in Pan Am markings and the 12 is a turboprop.
The other reason is that seeing it is from 'an era' of around 1959 I couldn't call it, say Be-35, it just wouldn't be right!

elmayerle

That's what I get for going by memory, I thought it was the Be-12 that was the jet bird.  "Oops!" *Blush*
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Swamphen

And I thought the Be-10 was the radial bird - sorry!  :blink:

Gary

Well, a 10b or a 12..  ?

I think is should be Be-utiful!
Getting back into modeling