Forget "Fahrenheit 9/11"

Started by John Howling Mouse, September 22, 2004, 06:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Okay, all political considerations aside, check out this alternative look (complete with sound) at the 9/11 Pentagon strike.

From an aviation/engineering perspective, do the questions posed have merit?

Or, is it all explanable (like UFO's?)?????

http://www.elchulo.net/files/pentagon.swf

Not one for conspiracy theories but it makes you wonder...
:wacko:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Well...we've all known it wasn't a 757 since it happened.

If a 757 can collapse tower like the WTC, then why only a little piece of the Pentagon ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

I suspect GWB considered the source when he heard Kofi Annan speak, a man that compromised by Iraqi money, let alone other nonsense at the UN, is not one to pay much attention to, or worth doing so.

As to the other item, all I'll say is "maybe'.  I've seen some peculiar things happen in accidents.  And the Pentagon is built to an older, and more stringent building code, than the twin towers.  I know the testimonies in Naval Institute Proceedings agreed on the 757 and that magazine is known for not necessarily following the party line.  Of course, the other question then is, "What did become of Flight 77?"  Unless some real damning evidence shows up, I'm going to apply Occam's Razor here.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

I have to say the whole "757 into the pentagon" thing leaves me feeling very uneasy, and I'm certainly no conspiracy theorist.

All I'll say for now is that if it was a 757 it was a hell of a piece of flying by a barely trained terrorist to fly that thing into the side of a building, at a foot about ground level - especially without the wingtips or engines so much as scraping the ground.

I wonder what The Rat, our resident sceptic has to say on the matter.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

So, what are the possibilities?

Kh-41?

Decepticons?

Cobra?

Where are the Autobots and G.I. Joe when you need them, eh?

F-32

No aircraft wreckage of any kind (in the pictures I've seen) around the Pentagon........................where did the engines end up...............did the vertical fin totally disintegrate and what about all the seats, where are they?  

JoeP

It's a load of crap.

The towers fell because of the fires, not the planes striking. They were _designed_ to withstand a large jet strike - JFK and LaGuardia are too close. Any large fire could have caused the collapse.

The Pentagon is lower and spread out. The plane came down almost vertically, so all the debris ended up within and below the building. The planes that hit the towers went in horizontally.

There's no doubt about who did it and how. The Shrub Administration has screwed up enough that there's no need to make up conspiracies.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

nev

The towers fell because of the fires, not the planes striking. They were _designed_ to withstand a large jet strike - JFK and LaGuardia are too close. Any large fire could have caused the collapse.
Indeed, any civil engineer worth his salt can explain to you how it was the fire, not the planes, that caused the loss of structural integrity in the twin towers.  I saw an interview with one of the WTC designers and he said they never factored in a large jet carrying a full load of fuel into their design.

Joe - everything I've seen and read (including eye witnesses) says the (pentagon) plane came in horizontally.  Those fuzzy security shots suggest the same too.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

elmayerle

QuoteOkay, all political considerations aside, check out this alternative look (complete with sound) at the 9/11 Pentagon strike.

From an aviation/engineering perspective, do the questions posed have merit?

Or, is it all explanable (like UFO's?)?????

http://www.elchulo.net/files/pentagon.swf

Not one for conspiracy theories but it makes you wonder...
:wacko:
Snopes has this one answered in full.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Captain Canada

Still seems fishy to me......where's the wings that were sheared off ?

Did it bounce off the lawn first ?

Or did it go in vertically ?

So, if it went in vertically, why was there a round at ground level hole in the third or fourth ring ?

B)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

]The whole official story of 9/11 stinks to high heven in my opinion. SO far, I have seen no credible explinations for anything that happened that terrible day.IF a plane hit the Pentagon, WHERE is the wreckage?? I remember seeing the Sioux City crash aftermath, and there was debris; luggage abd god knows what strewn all over the place, like I said something isn't right.

No doubt, I'm about to get blasted for this reply, but hey, I believe what I believe!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Hobbes

The Pentagon plane flew into reinforced walls, so any fragments left would be quite small. The fire would melt most of those fragments into unrecognizable puddles of aluminium and plastic, and then there's the building that collapsed on top of the airliner.

I've seen pictures of the aftermath of the Bijlmermeer disaster (in the Netherlands in 1992, where an El Al 747 crashed into a 10-storey apartment building). Nothing recognizable was left. In this case, no-one disputes that it actually was a 747.  

TsrJoe

some interesting little snippets in the current issue of 'Nexus' magazine, Oct-Nov 2004...in particular page 9 re possible excersises on the same day...interesting if verified!!?

oh have there been any conclusions as to how the 4th plane came down...im not convinced that the passengers, no doubt brave as they were, could have got back into the cockpit after the hijacking to bring the plane down, esp as it is reported to have broken up in the air!!?

:ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Ollie

Yeah, it broke up in the air after a couple AMRAAMs got it!

lancer

Quotesome interesting little snippets in the current issue of 'Nexus' magazine, Oct-Nov 2004...in particular page 9 re possible excersises on the same day...interesting if verified!!?

oh have there been any conclusions as to how the 4th plane came down...im not convinced that the passengers, no doubt brave as they were, could have got back into the cockpit after the hijacking to bring the plane down, esp as it is reported to have broken up in the air!!?

:ph34r:
Hey Joe,
Where do you get Nexus??. I read the online mag every week, but I'd like to get the hard copy. It's Damm good. Another one that I read is called 'Atlantis Rising' Also very good.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die