B

1984 and all that

Started by Biggles, September 21, 2004, 08:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggles

Her's a picture of my People's Republic of South Yorkshire T.62, guarding the approaches to the Humber Bridge against the Thatcherite Stormtroops of the elite Surrey Stockbrokers' Division in the late summer of 1984.  This was immediately after the North revolted following the summary execution of Arthur Scargill for treason.  The T.62 was one of fifty sent to the PRSY by Colonel Gadaffi as a gesture of solidarity.

Enjoy,

Ian

JoeP

:o  :huh:  :D  B)  :wub:

Ya know, there's a tendency in this country for local governments to use "eminent domain" to knock down houses so they can build more expensive houses and businesses. If someone tried that to me, I might take an idea from the above diorama.

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Davey B

Oh... Bloody... HELL!!!!! :o  :o  :o

My God man! That is pure GENIUS!!!!!
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I'll have to mail you about a similarly Bat's-Arse idea I'm working on.

Welcome to The Asylum!

Dave  :cheers: (formerly known as the Yorkie Daytripper)

lancer

Oh man, that is priceless. bloody brilliant...Personally, I DO like the idea of Scargill being executed for treason. Personally, I think it should happen to a fair number of scumbags today.
Oh BTW, if the Royal County of Berkshire Air Assult Brigade were on the case, the Humber bridge would be as good as ours.. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D .  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Well, when I read about the "Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire" I figured it must be Davey......but obviously I was wrong!

Fantastic!

And this Lincolnshire yellow-belly who lives on the South side of the Humber finds his loyalties torn between supporting a Yorkie faction or a Thatcherite faction.......talk about a Hobson Choice!  :lol:

Did I mention it was fantastic btw?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Awesome job on the tank and story !

Tanks are cool, and always look so good a little dirty and beat-up.

And the elite Surrey Stockbrockers...hilarious !

Cool model base as well.

Cheers !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gary

Sorry, I'm too busy laughing to comment on how nice yer model looks dude!
Getting back into modeling

NARSES2

Not all of us "southerners" were on Maggie's side, I've worked in the steel industry for 28 years now and she done for us way before the miners.Don't forget that during the Civil War Parliments first troops were from the London trained Bans - trained for what I've no idea !

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Swamphen

Welcome aboard, Ian!

Love the diorama...I have a thing for street tanks.  :wub:  

Biggles

Wrong Ian, O Wookstarish One!  It was on the 'What If? SIG' stand - not Leeds.  They were next to each other, 'cos Ian Hartup was running the SIG then.  Here's a clue - go here

Ian

Martin H

Ah ha  Mr Crawford.  Welcome to the gang.  I wondered when you would appear on here  :D  
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

Great, Ian.
Good to see that armour is another string to your bow.
Was it you that produced (in model form, I hasten to add) that "Elephant's Condom....ie, an early inflating airship" last year?
Wonderful.

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Sisko

You gotta a love armour.

Especially in urban settings
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Martin H

so when is the Newark show?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Biggles

October 10th, at the usual venue - Southwell Racecourse.  Admission free - but we have very persuasive raffle-ticket salesmen!

Details here.

Ian