Crazy Roy

Started by Captain Canada, September 18, 2004, 12:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hey !

While I was 'trapped' in Halifax, I needed something to kill some time....so a quick trip to Wal Mart was in order.......

This is my 'modeling kit' from there, at $16 CDN, not a bad deal, eh ?! All them useless gloss paints, as well as 3 brushes, 5 different grits o' paper, a knife and 2 glues, as well as a wee botle of thinner.

I bought myself a bottle of flat black as well..........
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

And here's the kit !

The old Monogram P-40B, flown by 'Crazy' Roy Chennault, Ray's little known brother.

Roy flew two missions with the Tigers, both at night. On his first sortie, he shot down one Japanese a/c, and on the second, he crashed into a mountain side !

Ah....history........

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Holy Crap, that looks great.  You bought the stuff while on a trip but you didn't actually build it away from home, too, did you?

Cool.

:)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Thanks Baz !

Yup...built it up there.......had to do something other than drink on my days off !

I was going to give it to a local kid, but then I eneded up driving home, so I brought her with me.

And now that I see it, I forgot to finish painting the fuel tank !

And ol' Crazy Roy is looking a little red in the face, from mixing red and white !

Cheers !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Joe C-P

Cool build, cool scheme!

B)  :party:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Ollie

Excellent Toad!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :cheers:  

Captain Canada

Thanks guys !

It was a cool kit to build....always loved them big ol' Monogram kits. Tonnes of flash on this one, tho...I guess a billion or so molds will do that to you !

Cheers !

Toad
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gary

Poor ol' Crazy Roy. Heard he took the Squadron's skotch with him on the ill fated night too. The rest of the squadron were so peeved at him for this they tried to write him out of the history books. But being a man in favour of the temperance movement Toadman, I see you've brought him back to like.
So to Toad and the Crazy Roy, we raise a glass of Metamusal Liquid laxitive and say Thanks for the Shi.....

Getting back into modeling