Started by Allan, September 12, 2004, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

two shots taken at our latest club meeting
intend to give this one tricycle undercarriage and a prop
Allan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/bark...rn/untitled.bmp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/barkhorn/ray.bmp

and I've started on my Japanese Mistel: prop Japanese fighter on top with a Boeing 747 underneath

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Allan

Hi Nev,
The mig is the Kopro model, I think, and the scale looks to be about 1/72.
As for the Mistel, the 747 is, well, I really have no idea. It's about 10 inches long in the fuselage. The little plane I intend to put on top is from a set that accompanies one of those Japanese carrier models and is about 1 centimeter long.

Go any good ideas for camo schemes for Mig and Mistel????

Cheers from Allan in Canberra

nev

Like Lee says, if the Mig-15 is gunna be a ruskie one then a rather plane NMF with red stars and some buzz numbers is par for the course.

However, you could do a Chinese or Vietnamese one in one of those fancy squiggly camo schemes they used  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Allan

Yes, maybe squiggly is the go
Or even Ernst Udet's plane--all red and white?
Japanese with crazy quilt green and silver?
North Korean or Iraqi?
Allan in Canberra
I think I'll give the MIG a tailwheel and a 109 prop with wing antenna.
As for the Mistel, maybe light grey underneath on the 747 with silver/w green patches on top and yellow wing leading edges
Allan in Canberra

JoeP

Give it a tailhook and instant Soviet Carrier group build subject.  :D

Commissar Iosef R  :ar:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.