Planes in miniature

Started by Joe C-P, September 07, 2004, 04:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C-P

I hope they came out close to the originals:

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Joe C-P

Joe C-P

The ship to go under this is awaiting some last few parts to be shipped:

Captain Canada

Wow, that's awesome !

Love the blue Mig and the Corsair......too cool !

What scale are they ?

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

QuoteWhat scale are they ?
Same question... Our Glenn has done wonderful things at 1/144th, is this even smaller ? Nice... :wub:  (This should have been my way when I was an active modeller, making collections of shapes  :wub:  without loosing weeks for details  :(  )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Aircav

Hmmm, do you want to paint the 1/700 aircraft I have for me ?  :P  :ph34r:
Great bit of painting Joe.
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Davey B

:o {clunk of chin hitting floor}

DUDE! That is SPECTACULAR!
B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  

Joe C-P

Those are 1/700 replicas of three recent productions on this site - two for the Soviet group build, and the Corsair floatplane that inspired one of my projects (see my current signature).

The Soviet ones are on the Oral class carrier I made out of a Testors Kuznetsov and Aoshima Kiev; part of the idea of that group build was that I would replicate the large-scale models in miniature on the deck. On my to-do list is an updated Revell Graf Zeppelin for a base for the 1950s and 1960s aircraft.

It takes patience, small brushes, and a good eyes or a good magnifying glass. I have good eyes yet, but also a good glass for when I am older.  :rolleyes: I also have a wide range of decals in 1/600-1/700; I did not paint those letters by hand.  ^_^

JoeP

Supertom

WOW!!!

Now I'll have to hurry up and finish my Soviet project!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Aircav

Hey Joe  :P
I've got a Graf Zeppelin planned for next year going to add Me262's and Fa-223
helicopters
;)
Steve

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Joe C-P

QuoteI've got a Graf Zeppelin planned for next year going to add Me262's and Fa-223 helicopters

Steve
B)

How are you doing the helos in 1/700? Does someone make them, or are you scratching them?

JoeP

Aircav

Scratch building them Joe
:(  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  

Sir Sydney Camm

Joe C-P

QuoteScratch building them Joe
Steve,

In case you didn't know, WEM makes 262s in 1/700.

JoeP

Aircav

Hi Joe
I've seen the WEM 262's that's one of the things that gave me the idea, that and the fact the A/C you get with the kit aren't that good.

Sir Sydney Camm