G

TSR-2 SIG

Started by Geoff_B, September 01, 2004, 12:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

I am propossing to have the TSR-2 SIG to cover the TSR-2, its development & test aircraft, the alternative designs considered before & after the TSR-2 and "What-If" variants of the TSR-2 if it had gone into service and its subsequent use.

We may see about a fact sheet/newsletter covering some of the element that have been discussed here and elsewhere. However i know our chief contributor will be Joe Cherrie and obviously he will wish to hold back on some of the details as these will be saved for his forthcoming Epic on the History & Development of the TSR-2. Hopefully he will do a few choice bits for the SIG.

This is what i think we should cover within the scope of the TSR-2 SIG to appeal to broad spectrum of modellers who have some interest in this fine aircraft, and its lifecycle. If anybody has any comments or further ideas then please let us know so we can discuss them.

As i said in the previous topic we are looking for members and a few of you have already expressed an interest. I shall get these details together and sort out an initial email to all members in the next week or so. Those wishing to join please send us a PM or email including your address and email so i can send out newsletters in the future.

This inivitation is not limited to just to UK IPMS members (as long as we have 5 we are OK) but to all board users be they UK or Overseas, IPMS or Not and a modeller or not as i know some board users are more researcher/historians than modellers. So all are welcome.

Regards

Geoff Baker
TSR-2 SIG

TsrJoe

Yip count me in...UK. IPMS. no. 4826/1...chuckle (well someones gotta be in it...chuckle!)

cheers, Joe (IPMS. R&D. P&C. SIG.) :ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Geoff_B

QuoteYip count me in...UK. IPMS. no. 4826/1...chuckle (well someones gotta be in it...chuckle!)

Erm your a founder Member anyway and chief reference  !!!!!!!!!! :D

So the mandate meets with your approval then ?

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Radish

Terry "Radish" Campion
IPMS(UK) 5053
Wibbly-wobbly-woo!!
:wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

i should be on the books already geoff  B)  If not count me in 100%
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

Quotei should be on the books already geoff  If not count me in 100%

Erm yes like Joe, Lee, Willie, Rad and Myself you were listed as a founder members. Aircav, Lancer, Evan and have all joined and i assume Lazlo must join (with his TSR-2 collection).

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Lazlo Woodbine

:ph34r:  :ph34r:

Aye, count me in, may have two more finished by November, the trainer version and a mock up front section for RAF recruitment purposes.  BTW does anyone(Martin!) have any photos of RAF displays at open air events as I would like to do a  what if? recruitment scene.

BFN

Gary IPMS Canada number C3179  
"Ladies and gentlemen, England will be playing four-four f&*$£*^g two"

Mike Bassett

Geoff_B

I have created a new email account for the TSR-2 SIG .

bactsr2.sig@ntlworld.com

Please use this for SIG correspondence.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

nev

Quotea mock up front section for RAF recruitment purposes
Very nice idea, original  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

QuoteBTW does anyone(Martin!) have any photos of RAF displays at open air events as I would like to do a  what if? recruitment scene.
Ill see what i can find from the CRO Gary. But from memory, a forward fuss would mostlikly be a real airframe that has bitten the dust some how, and a compleat airframe would be a fiberglass mock up looking very shiney.
As for ground vechicles, most recruitment teams have a triple axle box van rebuilt as a mobile display unit,(near side opens upwards to reveal the display ect), painted white with minimal RAF markings and Civi reg. Normaly Fiat vans i think. Some times they borrow RAF regiment AFV's or Fire section crash wagons from the nearset station to the venue, so any current crash wagon or CVR(T) will kids crawling all over it would work. also no RAF public display would be compleat with out a "Plastic" 1/1 scale Hawk or Tornado
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

elmayerle

Perhaps it could be a mockup (say one developed to work out final cockpit details) or structural test specimen "refurbished" to serve as a recruiting aid?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Geoff_B

Quotesay one developed to work out final cockpit details) or structural test specimen "refurbished" to serve as a recruiting aid?

You mean like this one ? :D

TSR- Survivors?

TsrJoe

:D erm...there was such a thing actually built...it appeared at a circa 1966/67? Warton families day and was presumably based upon an systems integration mockup? (a number of such things being completed to assess various systems!)
ill see what i can dig out picciewise and post it up onto the tsr site, good luck with the project, cheers, joe  :ph34r:

itd lok cool as a 'current' model tho in camou similar to the old Tornado fwd fus RAF. recruitment used to trundle around the shows...hmmm i wonder what they do with their old models???
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Radish

You'd probably loose a bit of weight though, Wooksta, so you'd be able to fit in the Hunter after all!
:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Geoff_B

Just to let you know that they have provisionall confirmed that the TSR-2 SIG will have the Standard four tables for Telford. As requested by Lee so thanks Lee.

Don't know yet if we will be grouped together but i did use a bit of a bribe saying if we were grouped together then we could cross man the tables whilst some did their duty for the IPMS  ;) .

As to the actual display we shall discus and decide on that next month as we may be able to eloborate a bit this year with props & graphics as well as models.

Cheers

Geoff B B)