Author Topic: Steel Penguins braying  (Read 76024 times)

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: Steel Penguins braying
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 11:21:01 am »
28mm is around 1:56, the bigger versions of 28mm scale well with 1:48 ( empress minis modern Afghanistan Brits go well with the airfix ones) especially when you add the figures base
Ive one of these http://www.grandmanner.co.uk/Allied_Horsa_Glider--product--184.html  for my grounded Horsa to go with my WW2 Brits.
Redone 19/08/15  the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady added 07/10/18   take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances.   wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 07:26:06 am »
28mm is around 1:56, the bigger versions of 28mm scale well with 1:48

Sums up the problems with "Wargames" scale stuff succinctly enough - the problem of ever larger figures was one of the reasons I gave up on Ancients and Napoleonics  :banghead: :banghead:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 08:46:44 am »
 :tank:  Matildas finished, overall sand, with some weathering and the crew added..
what next is the question?
more federation for Blakes 7? or possibly my Prussians, or Tong  for in her majesty's name.  want something small and reasonably fast.

90 figures  1 bit of scenery, 4 models
Redone 19/08/15  the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady added 07/10/18   take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances.   wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 04:13:53 am »
so much for small and fast,  the bits currently mocking me from my desk are a games workshop space marine dreadnought and the bits to convert it to something more resembling a Battletech Rifleman mech.  a few bits cut and stuck and  a large pile of bits... meh

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 08:56:42 am »
dreads ready for undercoating.  just need some light and a dry time slot.
got the Hawk T mk1 out as well, possibly a naval point def, gun pack, twin sea eagles and twin winders. sound good?

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 11:25:42 am »
the Hawk grinds on.  Not impressed with it, no crew for the office,  etch for etch sake ( not used or needed) the flap actuators are transposed on the assembly numbers, and the flap doors don't fit well if you build it wheels up.  and worse of all one of the largest flap doors has fallen into the body wile I was test fitting it and become lodged somewhere inside the body, and wont rattle free :banghead:.

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2013, 01:13:32 pm »
gear door replaced and im going for a last ditch anti black sea fleet sortie load, single sea eagle on each wing,   every fly able airframe that can reach, try to overload the point defences with missiles, the back up will be one of my Tonkas with the JP223s on it ( how would those work against cold war era navel units that are out of point defence weapons ?  Very well I hope.)

Offline Captain Canada

• "but this time it's different. I was drunk when I agreed to it."
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 07:25:02 pm »
Nice. Look forward to seeing it.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 02:04:50 pm »
well I was going to get some paint on the hawk tonight, till I tried brushing on the grey,  it immediately beaded ill have to try to get some spray paint on it tomorrow somewhen   :banghead: :banghead: aghhhhhhhhhhh

Offline Captain Canada

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 02:58:50 pm »
It always sucks 'when good modeling sessions turn bad'

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 11:14:59 am »
put the basecoat on as tam OG instead of starting with the grey.   bingo jobs a good un.painting up the sea eagles  more green on the dread, and from the part done lead pile a  mounted and foot dr who cheetah person going..

Offline Captain Canada

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 08:18:27 pm »
Still waiting to see the Hawk !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2013, 06:18:50 am »
did some drilling and screwing today,  put up a new display shelf in the back room 8foot long by 1 foot wide, at the height of the door frame tops, should give me a bit of showing off room. 
varnished the hawk, just need to assemble the Perspex parts and its done.

Offline Steel Penguin

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2013, 02:22:58 pm »
Hawks done  :party:
started on a 4ground  wargames 28mm  pre painted cook house  MDF kit, its a joy to put together, they get round the thickness of the laser cut MDF by double thicknessing parts, ( which is clever) and it PVA glues together well. Ive just done the range and oven ( a bought 40 parts) and its been a pleasure so far,  it requires you to pay attention and think a little but some of the big plastic company's could learn from them.  The instructions are full colour, well numbered and show what your trying to achieve .

Offline Captain Canada

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2013, 03:47:30 pm »
Interesting....have to check those guys out !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?