At a secret base,

Started by Glenn, August 13, 2004, 07:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Photographed for Signal Magazine, the latest Me-190 in production. This aircraft, close to the end of it's evaluation testing, before being flown to Italy, for Tropical testing......

The set up is on a set, c 30x50cm on MDF with model railway 'grass', and my hanger, as seen on the 'model photography' page.
The model, 1/72......as are the Preiser figures, and the Kubelwagen, scratch built.

Aircav

COOL  B)  B)
that looks so right, including the undercarriage
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

John Howling Mouse

Your subjects just keep getting better and better!

:)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Joe C-P

I like what you've done.  :cheers: Very real looking, quite the "trompe l'oiel".  :)

Out of curiosity, were you unable to find a kit of the Kubelwagen? You did a fine job scratching one, but I do find it easier to start with a kit, even a cruddy one.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Glenn

JoeP,
     The Kubelwagen was my first 'scratch build' model, built years before any 1/72~1/76 sc. model of it existed. Using plans of one, and wheels from an Airfix 6 pounder, this is what I ended up with.
   Glenn

Aircav

Airfix 6 pounder, now that takes me back a few years, use to build loads of them along with the Bren carrier as a kid
:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :)  :)  :)  ;)  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Ollie

Academy sells a 1/72 set of vehicules that include a Kubelwagon.

B)