O

Spitfire MH434

Started by Ollie, July 23, 2004, 07:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

At last, she's done!

Here's MH434 as she looked before the shooting began for "Battle of Britain".  She's still around, flying with the OFMC!

B)

Ollie

Here with a page from "Battle of Britain - The photo album".

Ollie

Mods include Hasegawa rounded rudder, Ultracast wheels and prop and ejector stacks made for the Hase kit, but modifed to fit this one.

She's with a friend here!

Ollie

With a Revell Spit II.

Ollie

And here is how she was at the beginning...

Mairfrog

Cool. Has yon wee book got a list of all the fighters used in the film? It seems just about every preserved Hurricane or Merlin-Spitfire in Britain owes its survival to BoB. There's a bubble canopy Spit XVI in Stoke-on-Trent that even had its rear fus built up just for the film. The Hendon Hurricane took part in both Battles of Britain.

IIRC MH434 was also used in Dark Blue World (hmmmm...WAAF stripping) which used old BoB footage for the aerial sequences.

nev

Good job S/L Lacombe!  :wub:

Damn, you make some fine looking warbirds  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Thanks guys.

Mairfrog, MH434 was used in "Piece of Cake", "Dark Blue World" used Spit Vb EP120 and Spit VIII MV154.

B)  :D  

Radish

Looking very good indeed.
I caught your review of the Hobbycraft L-4 on MM. Very interesting!!
Great to build Spitfires though. I really MUST build another soon!
:cheers:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

Veryt nice Ollie. I'm surprised to see the 4 bladed prop though, I didn't think these were introduced until 1941 onwards, as the Spit 1's 1a's and 2's all had the 3 bladed props. Was MH434 given an uprated Merlin during her life?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ollie

Lancer, I said "Battle of Britain" and not THE Battle of Britain.  Talking about the movie mate!

:P  :P

You are not the first one to be fooled by the camo!

:lol:  :lol:  

lancer

QuoteLancer, I said "Battle of Britain" and not THE Battle of Britain.  Talking about the movie mate!

:P  :P

You are not the first one to be fooled by the camo!

:lol:  :lol:
Oh!!!! It wasn't the cammo scheme the fooled me, it was the 4 bladed prop. Ah well...next time I'll read it closer.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

F-32

Ollie, thats one lovely looking Spitfire, makes me want to dive into my stash and find some of mine! ^_^  

Captain Canada

Ollie, it's all wrong !

In reality, the a/c was much larger than the book..........

:P  B)  :wacko:

Looking good, Bro !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?