Hawker Watchman R-1

Started by Martin H, July 22, 2004, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Another Hawker P-1128 Huntsman model

This time a Watchman R Mk-1 of 79 sqn RAF. Fitted with the C.A.S.T.O.R. radar system. (was realy ment for a modified Islander)

The radar pod is the belly tank off a Fujimi Me-110, and the decals are off the Airfix Hunter....along with the flying surfaces and main under cart.

Lee did point out that 79 sqn was a training unit. True but before that they flew Swifts in the recci role, and the decals were readily avialable so it made the choice nice and simple.

Oh CASTOR stands for Corps Airborne STand Off Radar.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Oh, very nice!  :wub:

Very nice indeed  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Gary

Sweet, amazing what some imagination and a dozen beer can come up with.  :wub:  
Getting back into modeling

Joe C-P

What are the arrows for around the roundel on the forward fuselage? To remind the pilots which was the front of the aircraft?  :lol:

Lovely job, well done!  ^_^  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Martin H

QuoteIf i was being REALLY picky, I would point out the lack of the small blister fairings on the upper wings above the outer pylons.  These were to house the mechanism that jettisoned the artcile held on that pylon.  It was a modified shotgun.  All the Hunters with that pylon had the fairing.
Rivet counter  :P  :P  :P  :P

Only joking Lee....come on, you know i dont go into that level of detail.  :D  
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

QuoteThe fairings are included in the kit!  You just have to remove a flashed over hole in the upper wing surface to fit them.  The Airfix Hunter was the only one that gave them - they're not in the Matchbox one, and I disposed of the Frog one years ago.
Well now I won't make the same "error" at least - I've a couple of Hunter's in the part build pile, one of which is a "Top Secret" modification when I can find the appropriate bits.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.